• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about Naval Weapons Tech. and Avionics System Tech.

SuperBeast

Inactive
Reaction score
Other then what the government website provides. Is there any other requirements for these jobs? For education I only have my grade 10. I am also wondering if anyone on here as good things, and bad things about these occupations that they can share with me. And yes, I did a search on the forums but diden't find much.

:cdn:

I am a retired Avionics tech.

Best trade in the military but I could be a little biased.  ;D

The more education you have the better you can meet the challenges of a trade like Avionics. I spent my entire career constantly going on courses of one kind or another, technology never stands still.

SuperBeast said:
Other then what the government website provides. Is there any other requirements for these jobs? For education I only have my grade 10. I am also wondering if anyone on here as good things, and bad things about these occupations that they can share with me. And yes, I did a search on the forums but didn't find much.

If you are not planning on getting your Gr 12 Maths and Sciences don't look at NW Tech.  The upgrading you would have to go through is pretty difficult and has a high level of failure.  The trade is currently looking at changing the education requirements to Gr 12.

I know a friend of mind here at the naval reserves that wants to transfer. Pretty sure you are going to need to finish your high school (grade 12) and get some classes in Mathematics. My friend had to go back to school to get some more advanced math before he could enroll.

Back