• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about joining the Reserves

PMedMoe said:
I found this:

75th Coy, Toronto Scottish Regiment
3330 Ridgeway Drive, Units 1&2
Mississauga, Ontario
L5L 5Z9

on this website:  http://canadian-forces.blogspot.com/

Also, The Lorne Scots website here:  http://www.lornescots.ca/army/default.htm  There doesn't seem to be an armoury in Mississauga.

Google is your friend.  :nod:

Thought the scottish were in Etobicoke.  And the Lorne Scots were Miss, Oakville, Brampton and Georgetown.  At least I was part right.  The 3330 Ridgeway is the location I was thinking of though.

arushbhai,

Tor Scots are based in Etobicoke, but also have a presence in Mississauga.

Those who live in Mississauga parade there, though usually only after finishing their infantry training.  Until then, it's Etobicoke (and wherever your courses take place). 

Talk to the recruiter to get more info...

Davionn

Davionn said:
arushbhai,

Tor Scots are based in Etobicoke, but also have a presence in Mississauga.

Those who live in Mississauga parade there, though usually only after finishing their infantry training.  Until then, it's Etobicoke (and wherever your courses take place). 

Talk to the recruiter to get more info...

Davionn
thanks alot, ill give them a call, i hopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee they let me do the training and everything else related to reserve army in mississauga. ill be in reserve for few months and than as soon as i start uni, ill join the active force

arushbhai said:
thanks alot, ill give them a call, i hopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee they let me do the training and everything else related to reserve army in mississauga. ill be in reserve for few months and than as soon as i start uni, ill join the active force

Easy Tiger......

If you're looking at going into the Regular Army why not just wait until then? I know most reserve units would not want to go through the process of taking a member on only to loose them within the year to a Reg Force component Transfer....

unless you mean, you would not show up much until you start university, and then you will parade regularly..

In either case I advise you contact a recruiter from the unit you are thinking of joining, and then give a good hard look at your commitment level. If you don't plan on giving it your 100% right from the start, then I would suggest finding a less demanding part time job...

Also, I don't know what your knowledge of the Canadian Forces actually is, but I would suggest you take a look at Forces.ca first.... If you think it's going to be like Call of Duty, or Medal of Honor... You are in for a really rude wake up call on day 1.

Regards,
Tommy

arushbhai said:
i hopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee they let me do the training and everything else related to reserve army in mississauga.

If they don't do training in the Mississauga location, they don't.  It's not a matter of "letting" you.

Also, while I think English may not be your first language, please attempt to use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, etc.  It makes posts easier to read.  If you're starting university soon, you might as well get into a habit of proper writing now.

That if RMC doesnt accept you for any reason, what they do is, they let you go to any university you want as an officer, with officer salary and benefits.
I am pretty sure, I'll be doing something similiar as RMC does not offer Criminal justice and public policy/police foundation. Do you think my training would be any different than those guys from Basic up documentry? Those 5 guys had no post secondary education. Is my training going to be any different since I'll be going for Officer position?

Also; When do I apply for canadian forces? Should I apply after I get accepted in university?  because Army pays for your education. I actually want to be a military police officer. So What happens that the army pays for my education and once I am done with my degree, I find out that I am not fit for MP.

arushbhai said:
That if RMC doesnt accept you for any reason, what they do is, they let you go to any university you want as an officer, with officer salary and benefits.

Not entirely true. Read the RMC admission material again.

When you do ROTP, do you do as a cadet officer, second lieutenant or lieutenant? because in forces.ca, ROTP is included in all 3 ranks with different salary. What does that mean?

For most (I would say all but I am getting smarter than that) ROTP students, RMC or Civie U, you will be an Officer-Cadet and you will be following Pay Level A.

The different Pay Levels should be described at the bottom of the chart. If not, use this chart http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/pay-sol/pr-sol/rfor-ofr-eng.asp

I did pretty bad in high school because i never paid attention. But than i realized that studies are important. anyways i upgraded eng4u credit and got 84, and i took 5 other high school courses again and got marks in 80s and 90s. so my question is, if i apply for an military officer position, how much effect my marks will have on the decision? my 6 high school credits are good enough to get admission in criminal justice/  police foundation. can someone help me out. thanks

arushbhai said:
I did pretty bad in high school because i never paid attention. But than i realized that studies are important. anyways i upgraded eng4u credit and got 84, and i took 5 other high school courses again and got marks in 80s and 90s. so my question is, if i apply for an military officer position, how much effect my marks will have on the decision? my 6 high school credits are good enough to get admission in criminal justice/  police foundation. can someone help me out. thanks

Why not just go down to the recruiting center and give it a shot?

You'll never know unless you ask them, and try?

arushbhai said:

You'll have to start learning how to punctuate, spell, use grammar, capitalize, etc.  On a whole, officers must be able to communicate in the written form better than what you are displaying here. 

I will be taking criminal justice degree program in sept 2011. Anyways i went to talk to my recruiter and he said so you want to become a MPO. I am so stupid I didnt know what MPO was, I thought he meant MP. But i didnt know there is MPO and MP. So he started telling me how to become an MPO. He said its hard for me because my high school marks arent good. Anyways my question for you guys is
What are the requirements for MP?
If i go to uni, can I apply as an MPO? this way they wont see my highschool marks atleast because I am in uni.
How tough is it to get accepted?
The recruiter said, there is nothing to lose, just apply and see, maybe you get lucky and we send you to St Jean for prep for RMC. Does it mean, if i get selected for St Jean for prep for RMC, I basically spend 1 year at St Jean and than 4 years at RMC? Also, If I am not successful in St Jean, I get discharged, basically i lose 1 year of my life?

arushbhai said:
I will be taking criminal justice degree program in sept 2011. Anyways i went to talk to my recruiter and he said so you want to become a MPO. I am so stupid I didnt know what MPO was, I thought he meant MP. But i didnt know there is MPO and MP. So he started telling me how to become an MPO. He said its hard for me because my high school marks arent good. Anyways my question for you guys is
What are the requirements for MP?
If i go to uni, can I apply as an MPO? this way they wont see my highschool marks atleast because I am in uni.
How tough is it to get accepted?
The recruiter said, there is nothing to lose, just apply and see, maybe you get lucky and we send you to St Jean for prep for RMC. Does it mean, if i get selected for St Jean for prep for RMC, I basically spend 1 year at St Jean and than 4 years at RMC? Also, If I am not successful in St Jean, I get discharged, basically i lose 1 year of my life?

You're not losing a year of your life. During that year you'd be gaining very valuable knowledge that would be beneficial inside and outside military life.

lethalLemon said:
You're not losing a year of your life. During that year you'd be gaining very valuable knowledge that would be beneficial inside and outside military life.
but ill be losing that year at st jeans if i get kicked out at the end of the year. right?

arushbhai said:
but ill be losing that year at st jeans if i get kicked out at the end of the year. right?

How old are you? How many years do you have to live? 1 year means nothing. Apply yourself, be determined to finish and not be removed. Just do it, what do you have to lose? Live life.

arushbhai said:

If you plan to fail then you will. No one said it is easy but if it what you really want then don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it.

lethalLemon said:
How old are you? How many years do you have to live? 1 year means nothing. Apply yourself, be determined to finish and not be removed. Just do it, what do you have to lose? Live life.

1 year is nothing. I remember how slowly time passed when I was younger too but it's incredible how quickly it really goes - that's one reason I am busting my butt on the treadmill now, sure I should have done it when I was 20 but I don't want to be 40 looking back and saying I should have done this when I was 30. You get one shot at life, with no do-overs.

arushbhai said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

.....or save yourself potential agony and just dont apply to the CF.

Back