• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about joining reserves as a medical technician

tanman

Inactive
Reaction score
I am going to be 17 soon and am graduating this year. I was hoping to join the reserves as a medical technician. I have all the necessary courses and am working on my fitness. I just had a few questions

1. As a reservist I still want to attend university so will I have to miss it to attend basic training camp and training to become a medical technician?

2. I want to go on to become a doctor or a psychiatrist and probably with the CF. Will becoming a Medical Technician help that in any way?

3. When does training camp happen?

4. Anything which you guys think I should know

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I have scheduled a meeting with a recruiting officer but want to know something before I go. Don't want to appear like a complete idiot.

Also should I join the army/navy/air force

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/104502/post-1113415.html#msg1113415

Look familiar ?

Yes. I posted that but I thought that was the wrong section so I posted it here. I'm not meaning to spam but I just thought thats why I did not get any response I was looking for

tanman said:
I just thought thats why I did not get any response I was looking for

You posted that other thread TODAY also. Why don't you give it some f'ing time. Nobody here exists to feed you immediate answers just because you asked. maybe a little bit more effort on your part to search this site, or google and you would have found the answers.

Easy there tiger

I did google it and did not find all the answers I was looking for or else I would not be asking these questions. And what is on websites is not always the exact same as what happens. So maybe instead of acting so stuck up you could have actually answered one of my questions.

Peace

tanman, just a bit of advice: this is exactly the type of response that is going to get you *unwanted* attention from the staff, moderation team, and long-standing members. I suggest you carefully moderate your tone and language in future posts, if you legitimately want to see a helpful answer.

Secondly, response times to legitimate and valid posts can be days to weeks, depending on the topic of your question. Reposting will not likely result in a quicker response time and will in fact get you further unwanted attention from the site staff and moderation team.

In response to your questions:

1. No. Reservists initially do their training on weekends or during the summer, as university students are numerous members of the Reserve Forces.

2. Not sure. Will have to defer to those that are familiar with this matter.

3. It depends on your unit and the start of your employment. If your initial training does not take place during the summer, it would take place during a weekend course throughout the regular school year.

4. If you are certain that Reserve Force is how you wish to serve, contact your local Reserve units' recruiters and find out what employment opportunities exist in your area. MedTech may not even be an option.

Back