• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question relating to School.

Marshall

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Hey again guys,

Im having a hard course decision. Im almost 100% bent on the army a year or so after Highschool, but i currently have Physics 12. Ive lost all interest in the course and it seems like a huge waste of study and r+r time for me since alot of my time now goes to my job. This would give me 2 frees all year so 3 courses in both semesters (im pretty sure i meet grad requirements in the science division already. G10 Science and G11 Physics).

My real question is, Is Physics 12 needed for any ammount of jobs (or any at all?) in the army. (Army, Navy or Air.) I could see it needed alot more in the Air Forces, but my main focus is just the Army, so what about that?

I have a couple days to decide, im checking with my counsellor at school tommorow but i thought id ask you people.

Thanks for any help,

Alex.

What do you want to do in the CF?

Physics is required for some trades or programs.

Currently im thinking about Infantry or SOME type of Combat arms as a NCM (maybe officer someday who knows). I dont think that would require physics 12.

But im just wondering if many jobs have a requirement of physics. Because i dont want to close a ton of army jobs if i did choose to do something else (even tho im sure i could get Physics 12 or a supplementary course in my adulthood if i wanted different).

I know its asking alot if a person doesnt know all the requirements of the jobs. But im just.. me. :D

Marshall,
Although Grade 10 is acceptable for general Military trades. Almost all tech trades, even Army ones, where is currently high demand, require a senior science, Physics or Chemistry. Your high school grades stick with you even if you wish to become an officer later. Right now school is free (you don't pay for your courses) so make good use of your opportunity. Talk to your counselor but think more than a year in advance. You need good problem solving skills that you develop in Math and Physics to get a good CFAT score. The better your score the more choices you have.  Think it through before dropping it for "free" time.

Good Luck

Thanks for that advice CFR FCS.

Does becomming a Officer (For such things as.. combat arms, etc) require physics? Incase in the longrun i try for that someday.

Ill have to think about this more.  ^-^

You need a University Degree to become an officer or, at a minimum, be working towards one in the CEOTP program. Certain types of officer occupations require different degrees. Arty, Inf, Armd, pilot and Mars are all permissible with an arts degree.

Get as much education as you can. I don't know how to stress that enough. Even if you don't want to be an officer, it doesn't matter. Educate yourself.

Bane said:
You need a University Degree to become an officer or, at a minimum, be working towards one in the CEOTP program. Certain types of officer occupations require different degrees. Arty, Inf, Armd, pilot and Mars are all permissible with an arts degree.

Get as much education as you can. I don't know how to stress that enough. Even if you don't want to be an officer, it doesn't matter. Educate yourself.

Well, Officer would be too much for me. I was just wondering. Rather be NCM. Ill try Physics another day Friday, and if i really dont want it ill make the decision over the weekend perhaps. Maybe i can live with it for another year ^- ^

Marshall,

Physis 12, Chem 12 and Bio 12 are all looked upon highly if you want to do anything Medically related.

i.e. Med Tech, Dental Tech, Rad Tech, OR Tech list goes on and on and on

MedTech said:
Marshall,

Physis 12, Chem 12 and Bio 12 are all looked upon highly if you want to do anything Medically related.

i.e. Med Tech, Dental Tech, Rad Tech, OR Tech list goes on and on and on

I decided to stay in Physics 12, i geuss it wouldnt hurt. I was also originally taking ADV Math until the end of G11 but i chose to go normal since i didnt really care ( even tho my teacher knows i can ace the class. ) I just. Lazy :)

Thx for ze help guys.

Back