• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding DEO Application Process

peltch34

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I posted around midsummer explaining that my eligibility for ROTP had expired and asked how early could I apply for a DEO trade prior to graduation. I was told I could apply at the start of my final school year, which I have done, literally minutes ago. So, I am just wondering whether or not I should give my recruiting centre a call to notify them?

I mainly pose this question because according to the automatic email I just received upon applying, my recruitment centre would not be notified until my trade, Infantry Officer, is hiring. Given that I had previously made it through the process and was merit listed before my eligibility for ROTP expired, I was hoping that giving a call would fast track my application back to being merit listed until the next hiring. I understand that this is probably an unlikely scenario, but I figured it was worth asking about.

Lastly, I am from Thunder Bay, we no longer have a CFRC, and I have not really developed a working relationship with my recruiters over the telephone, so I don't want to bother them if it is redundant and unnecessary for me to call.

Appreciate your time,

Jay Pelletier,

Good Day

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces.

It is never a bad thing to call your local recruiting detachment, as it is our job to assist applicants. Your application will not be fast tracked, and you will have to wait until your occupation is open and selections boards take place. You can check your application status hereĀ  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

I figured as much, hopefully Infantry opens up soon. Thank you for the clarification.

Jay,

Back