• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding 8mm Mauser ammo (NEED ONLINE ORDER SITES)

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for some online sites that I could order 8mm mauser ammo , preferably in bulk for a decent price. Anyone here purchase ammo online?

7.92 x 57mm Ball, just watch what you buy. 1950's ammo or older is fine as long as its been kept cool and dry. There is heaps here in Australia, mainly Turkish, so if its here, it will be in Canada too. Try MARSTAR or Wolverine. Should be under .25/pop in lots of 1000, plus shipping. Anything under a 1000  or crate as per say, will not get you much of a deal.

Remember this old stuff is most likely Berdan primed and CORROSIVE, so give the good ole 98K (or whatever you have) a good pull thru and clean afterwards.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley H. Allen said:
7.92 x 57mm Ball, just watch what you buy. 1950's ammo or older is fine as long as its been kept cool and dry. There is heaps here in Australia, mainly Turkish, so if its here, it will be in Canada too. Try MARSTAR or Wolverine. Should be under .25/pop in lots of 1000, plus shipping. Anything under a 1000  or crate as per say, will not get you much of a deal.

Remember this old stuff is most likely Berdan primed and CORROSIVE, so give the good ole 98K (or whatever you have) a good pull thru and clean afterwards.
Regards,

Wes

...with a water/ammonia based cleaner, not just Hoppe's #9.  You need the water/ammonia to get the corrosive salts out of the barrel and off of the metal-work.  In a pinch, flushing boiling water down the barrel followed by drying out and a light oiling will do the trick...

blake

Fry said:
7.92? Would that work? Says 8mm...

...it's 8mm.  The German mil designation is 7.92x57mm - that is equivalent to 0.311024", while 8mm = 0.31496063".

The bore diameter is actually 0.318" for very early (J-bore) and 0.323" for later (JS-bore) rifles.  If your rifle is a K98 it is in all likelihood a JS-bore, while if it is an 1888 Commision Rifle it is definitely a J-bore.  If you wonder about the differences between 0.311-0.314" and 0.318-0.323", it is usually because Europeans measure caliber from the top of the lands to the top of the opposite lands, while we measure bottom of groove to bottom of groove...

food for thought - don't stuff yourself...

cheers,

blake

I know Marstar, but not Wolverine... where are they located? Do they have a website?

(I have a K98, 1944 vintage -- I bought some ammo at Wholesale Sports in Edmonton, but at ~$22 a box, you couldn't  call it cheap -- pass the reloading dies, ma.)

I don't think there's any bulk 7.92 around right now, you could try gunshows.

Craig

Internationally known as 7.92, for over a century, but the North Americans seems to call it 8mm Mauser for commercial purposes.

Cheers,

Wes

Back