• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on force generation for TF 1-08

Ive just been given a position number as well. Im in C coy 2 platoon. Just waiting out on when i pack my bags and where the training will be

Can someone tell me what has to be completed for the individual Battle Task Standard Level 1 ?

Mounting order is out on the streets now and LFWA will be issuing a detailed training guidance next week....once I finish writing it!  This will outline more detail on specific elements of training.  We have reservists now on LAV training.  If you have the ability to be free for training in advance of 2 Apr....make sure your chain of command knows as we are looking for people for courses....

More to follow. 

Cheers

Jeff

I was told there is going to be a LAV course in Edmonton in Febuary.Do you have a list of courses available yet ? How did the hunt go? ;)

Hunting was excellent.....too excellent.  I am in the office at 1930 reviewing emails in an valiant attempt to catch up  :salute:

There is a list of courses but we are putting together the final spread sheet this week.  Hopefully we will have it on the intranet shortly.  In the meantime, if you are available for training now, make sure your chain of command knows....we are loading reservists on reg PCFs as we speak....

More to follow...

Cheers

Jeff

Morpheus,

Good to hear your hunt went well. Just wondering if you got my pm?

Any updates on the types of courses & dates available, will they be made public, or are you available to PM then to interested troops?

Guys,

Take a deeeeep breath and relax.  Morpheus is quite literally doing the job of 3 men at LFWA HQ, and cannot reasonably answer every individual Reservist's question in a timely manner.  Give the guy a break.  I know for a fact that he is in the office 16 hours a day.  Can you say the same?

Work through your respective chains of command, and watch the 1-08 web-site that has been so wisely set up.  The latter exists for precisely the reason that I am posting this.  In short, to take the load off of people who are already burning the candle at both ends and are far too busy to answer individual questions/PMs.  Morpheus takes what time he can out of his insanely busy schedule to post info of interest to the generic masses.  He does NOT have the time to cater to your individual desires.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there it is.  YOU are your own career-manager/temp employment coordinator.  Please stop bugging the guy who still owes an entire Area meaningful Army-level training direction for TF 1-08.  There are bde and unit-level planning staffs who need Morpheus's full attention right now.  He does NOT have the time to address Res F employment opportunity questions one at a time within a force of 2300+ personnel......

Cease and desist.  He will do the best that he can.  Understand however, that entire units are  hinging on his work.  Personal desires and naive, uninformed questions about individual employability  are far below the radar screen at the present time.    Do your own homework/career management, and leave Morpheus alone to do his very important work. 

Seriously.  I mean it.

Mark C said:
leave Morpheus alone to do his very important work. 

Seriously.  I mean it.
as do I. In fact, this thread is closed.
Should Morpheus wish to respond, he can pm a Staff and we'll open it for him to post, or will post for him.

I think that everyone would benefit from ensuring that the questions asked of Morpheus are pertinent. i.e. step 1 check TF 1-08 website, step 2 check with chain of command, step 3 read the thread for already answered questions, finally step 4 ask a new question.

That being said I have a new question, or rather I guess a question of clarification. From my understanding a reservist can show up around the beginning of May (1-15ish) for an "outside the wire role" if they have completed IBTS 1. We got the word in my unit that this may not be the case. The word from our trg WO is that those troops currently loaded into an augmentee slot may be removed if they are unable to report 1-Apr-07 because the battalion wants troops that date. This is contrary to the TF 1-08 website and as such I asked for clarification at my unit. I have been unable to get an answer, everyone I ask says they don't know.

This is of some importance to me as I am one of those troops loaded into an augmentee slot. I am trying to plan out the next year or so of my life and if my slot is going to disappear then things will have to change for me. Is 1-15 May-07 still the report date for IBTS 1 qual pers or has there been a change? Thanks

Good question.  I will ask why and advise.  I am out of town until Friday and hopefully can get you an answer by then..... :salute:

Cheers

Jeff

One quick question. Has the names been sent out to the battalions who are receiving the reservist augmentees. I ask because a Sgt in 3vp was asking a Sgt in my unit about myself and another guy comenting that we were gonna be in his section, however i havnt been notified from my own chain as to where i will be going and when yet.

Cheers :salute:

loyaleddie87 said:
One quick question. Has the names been sent out to the battalions who are receiving the reservist augmentees. I ask because a Sgt in 3vp was asking a Sgt in my unit about myself and another guy comenting that we were gonna be in his section, however i havnt been notified from my own chain as to where i will be going and when yet.

Cheers :salute:

Then maybe you should start by asking your chain, persistently. With all the 'group' things going on, asking about a single individual (you) is a bit of a stretch at the moment. You should start by going to your immediate supervisor and have them do their job, or maybe that Sgt of your's that seems to be in the loop. Work your way up to your CSM and Ops if you have to. People are very busy at this point.......to busy, if you get my drift.

Back