• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about the small pack system

R031button said:
That being said I thought it was hilarious in Edmonton to see this guy walking around wearing his clear BE on the way to work.  Oh I also hate people who wear wet weather boots around in civies, also very homoerotic.

I've worn my WWB in civies, so what? It was was snowing and cold. I was shoveling snow in my drive way and it worked out perfectly. I also wear Magnums in civies, and 5.11 and a variety of other boots and things.

You just aren't tacticool.

tacticool only applies when you're tactical :p I'm usually not tactical when I'm walking down a street in Canada.

R031button said:
tacticool only applies when you're tactical :p I'm usually not tactical when I'm walking down a street in Canada.

"Tactical" applies at work ...

"Tacticool" applies on civvie street; perhaps that is where you err.  ;)

Wonderbread said:
Wearing ballistic eyewear with civvies is another example
of kit that is excellent for biking to work.  You never know when a car is going to kick up a stone.  ;D

popnfresh said:
I agree with my delicious counterpart here...

CADPAT is ugly, and shopping or driving long distances in uniform (on leave) is equally distasteful. I personally think people that wear smallpacks and other army kit on civi time do so because they are too awkward in society to come up with good civilian style for themselves!!

So you must hate Oromocto then  ::)  walk into any store after 4 and you will see people in cadpat

NL_engineer said:
So you must hate Oromocto then  ::)  walk into any store after 4 and you will see people in cadpat

Authorized until 1800hrs.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Authorized until 1800hrs.  ;)

lol

just left timmies at gateway (15 min ago), and there were 4 people in combats sitting down having coffee  ;D

NL_engineer said:
lol

just left timmies at gateway (15 min ago), and there were 4 people in combats sitting down having coffee  ;D

Yeah, but those are probably course candidates or instructors who are doing field/teaching work ... it's allowable if they're still on duty (or just coming off/going on).

Those of us who got off at 1600hrs ... are supposed to be out of uniform by 1800hrs.

I seem to remember some former Base RSMs that used to occassionally drop into the Legion and low and behold, after 1800 hrs some folks would be there in comabts.  Check the Base Duty List!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Yeah, but those are probably course candidates or instructors who are doing field/teaching work ... it's allowable if they're still on duty (or just coming off/going on).

Those of us who got off at 1600hrs ... are supposed to be out of uniform by 1800hrs.

by 1630hrs unless they have to make a stop on there way home  ;D 

I am no longer posted here (on IR in Val) but is this a written rule or a "we've always done it like that" rule?

I wear my CWWB, and 5.11 in the winter and spring (especially this week, there is mud and puddles everywhere in Pet) with my civvies all the time, its one of the only articles of clothing authorized to wear with civvies anytime. this way I wont get mud and other filth to my nice shoes that I paid a pretty penny for. don't get me wrong, you'll never see me wearing them at Shots or the Whorehouse ;) though. The BEW are absolutely useless in everyway, they are terribly designed (they scratch themselves when you fold the arms in), they fog even with that gay little wipe, they are suburbly ugly, oh and this is the best, when 3 RCR was down in Texas, some guys decided to test are BEW against Wiley-Xs (not sure what model), they simulated shrapnel by shooting a shotgun at them, the BEW got annihilated and the Wiley-Xs stood up to the task. to get back on topic. the small pack is good for taking snivel kit out on a rang day, its also far better at carring a 522 then that abortion 522 carrier they issue out to us. and

I wear the small pack home on weekends to carry my clothes and whatever.  The most action it sees is from my truck to my front door back home, or occasionaly to my girlfriend's apartment from the parking lot in downtown Ottawa.

It saves me from having another pack up here taking up space in the barracks and I haven't decided on a gucci replacement tactical pack yet.

And if i don't feel like stopping to change after work, I will ocassionally make a stop at the groccery store or whatever.  It's not like people are trying to stand out and look cool in Pet by walking around in uniform.  it doesn't impress anyone.

I'm looking for a replacement to, I was looking at Camelbak Hydration/Cargo backpacks, some of those are pretty sweet

Back