• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

question about getting the same schooling system at new post

fletch11

Inactive
Reaction score
Our kids go to public school but it's a year round program. Basically, this means that they go to school for all of July. My husband has been posted and we have our place on the market with an offer on it. We were hoping to move in August but it looks like it'll be sooner. We are moving somewhere that doesn't offer the year round program. My question is, will the military pay for or arrange schooling for my kids for the month of July so they're not missing out? My husband has asked but can't get a straight answer from anyone.

I should add, we're not expecting this every year, just this year until they start on the current system at the new posting.

I would think not. Education is a provincial government responsibility. He can ask for a delayed reporting date citing the school year as rationale. Most units are OK with 30 days delay, some longer. Be prepared though that delayed reporting is not guaranteed.

In his request he needs to be crystal clear that the potential impact is that your children lose the entire school year and have to repeat a grade.

There is always the option of setting possession of your old and new houses till Aug and then your husband goes to his new posting unaccompanied until that time frame.

Back