• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about being an officer or NCM in the special forces???

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin9

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I have a some questions. I'm not sure if the assaulter position only applies to JTF-2 but I assume they are the offensive unit.

Anyway, as a support will you be commanded to go along and do the risky work with the assaulters or is it not part of the support's training? If you are to go along, what trades are they for example? Will a med tech ever be with the assaulting group?

I have been reading and that anyone from the forces can join the assaulter position, I don't understand how it works when one gets in as an officer. I have read that it's the same as NCMs when joining, but wouldn't it be more severe to get in as an officer since there is only 1 commander for every 5-20 troops and that you have to be very experienced and wise and more? And since you're an officer wouldn't you be the one leading the group or will you just be part of the team, may not be the commander but still retain the rank of an officer?

I suppose that when accepted as an assaulter you are trained to be an elite soldier. If you are accepted as an officer or an NCM as well, what happens to the previous training from the line of work you chose when serving? Also if you are a support relating to your trade/job, will you they train you more about your skill/job?

Another question. It is possible for a pilot to serve in the special forces as their pilot but what if the pilot wants to join the special forces as an assaulter, would they allow him/her to do that after investing on the pilot's training? And then as well as for any other officer jobs.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, thanks for your time.

justin9 said:
Hi, I have a some questions. I'm not sure if the assaulter position only applies to JTF-2 but I assume they are the offensive unit.

Not the entire unit is offensive.  Some of them have great personal and dental hygiene, don't use foul language in public and have modern ideals in line with modern society here in Canada. 

Your questions about CANSOFCOM have already been answered here before, try searching.  Also, if I may be blunt, that is so far from being something you need to give any thought to right now.  Apply, get in, and get thru you BMQ or BMOQ first.

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back