• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen calls entire household to 'highly unusual' emergency meeting

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
5,513
Points
990
Queen calls her entire household to 'highly unusual' emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace today but mystery surrounds the reason why

Speculation amongst Buckingham Palace staff was rampant last night as the Queen’s most senior aides called her entire household to an emergency meeting today.
Servants from royal residences across the country have been ordered to London and will be addressed this morning by the Lord Chamberlain, the most senior officer of the Royal Household, as well as Her Majesty’s right-hand man, Private Secretary Sir Christopher Geidt.
Even her longest serving staff were left in the dark about why the meeting was being called but multiple sources said it was ‘highly unusual’ and had sparked fevered talk about an imminent announcement concerning the monarch or her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh.
‘Everyone is on tenterhooks,’ said one.
‘Although meetings involving the entire royal household are occasionally called, the way this has been done at the eleventh hour is highly unusual and suggests that there is something major to be disseminated.
‘But at the moment, only those closest to her genuinely know what on earth this is all about.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4471696/Royal-staff-called-London-emergency-meeting.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK
 

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
9,091
Points
1,160
dapaterson said:
Queen calls her entire household to 'highly unusual' emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace today but mystery surrounds the reason why

Speculation amongst Buckingham Palace staff was rampant last night as the Queen’s most senior aides called her entire household to an emergency meeting today.
Servants from royal residences across the country have been ordered to London and will be addressed this morning by the Lord Chamberlain, the most senior officer of the Royal Household, as well as Her Majesty’s right-hand man, Private Secretary Sir Christopher Geidt.
Even her longest serving staff were left in the dark about why the meeting was being called but multiple sources said it was ‘highly unusual’ and had sparked fevered talk about an imminent announcement concerning the monarch or her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh.
‘Everyone is on tenterhooks,’ said one.
‘Although meetings involving the entire royal household are occasionally called, the way this has been done at the eleventh hour is highly unusual and suggests that there is something major to be disseminated.
‘But at the moment, only those closest to her genuinely know what on earth this is all about.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4471696/Royal-staff-called-London-emergency-meeting.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

Maybe they have to move house at short notice :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xujHlWzWW98
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1
Points
0
It's probably about the Elections.

The meeting occurred at 10:00am local time, both Her Majesty and The Duke of Edinburgh were seen at an event alive and well later that day.

Completely misread THIS article. Buckingham Palace did make a statement that "there is no cause for alarm."
 

Stoker

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
277
Points
880
Prince Phillip is stepping down from public life. Seeing that he is 95 and fairly frail.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/buckingham-palace-meeting-called-1.4098730
 
J

jollyjacktar

Guest
Here is a long list of gaffes by Phillip over the years in the story link below.  Comedy gold.  :rofl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4472798/Prince-Philip-Upsetting-Chinese-men-goatees.html
 

The Bread Guy

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
1,842
Points
1,260
Chief Stoker said:
Prince Phillip is stepping down from public life. Seeing that he is 95 and fairly frail.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/buckingham-palace-meeting-called-1.4098730
This, from the Palace ...
 

Attachments

  • C--Ln-1XgAAM2I0.jpg
    C--Ln-1XgAAM2I0.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 291

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
3,867
Points
1,110
I met him once at one such official engagement. He indirectly made fun of my badly compromised hairline.
 

Rifleman62

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
70
Points
530
Had a short conversation with him in Wpg when he was visiting the QOCH of C. Humorously remarked if I felt out of place dress in Rifle uniform vice scarlets/kilt. Then a bit of banter. Very direct person.
 

Oldgateboatdriver

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
299
Points
880
If the poor fellow is knackered, that's fine.

Of course, as the press release says: "The Duke… may still choose to attend certain public events from time to time"

Can't miss Ascot, it's just not cricket!

Anyhow, dear Duke, Ta!
 

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
953
Points
1,060
Oldgateboatdriver said:
Can't miss Ascot, it's just not cricket!

Of course it's not cricket . . . it's horse racing.  Now Lords, that's cricket and he was there just a couple of days ago.
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
450
Points
980
He attended all of the events in various locations during The RCR Centennial in 1983. A few of us decided to leave the post-Freedom of the City barbecue at Connaught Ranges as it began to wind down and visit a famous Ottawa "ballet". We invited him along, but he graciously declined. "Thank-you, chaps, but I don't think that my wife would approve".
 

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
3,247
Points
1,090
Retire at 95, don't let the canadian government find that out or they might raise old age security, and retirement age to 90! >:D Seriously though I prey for the continued health of the Prince and the Queen, but reality is they were both over 90, and I could see the black arm bands unfortunately coming out in the next decade.
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
410
MilEME09 said:
Retire at 95, don't let the canadian government find that out or they might raise old age security, and retirement age to 90!

Did our Government change overnight?  I much have been asleep.  The Liberals turned back all the changes the Conservatives had done. 

I guess we don't have to worry for the next couple years.
 
J

jollyjacktar

Guest
And the day has arrived for his last official duty.  Very good story here with tons of photos and not to be missed, all his witticisms from past events  ;D  It will be very strange not to see him there with the Queen etc as both of them have been always there during my entire lifetime, like the changing of the seasons or the sun each day.  I hope his retirement is enjoyable, he's earned it in my books.  :salute:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4752644/Prince-Philip-arrives-public-engagement.html
 
Top