• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

QL3's

Dog

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm heading off to my 3's this summer and am curious as to what it is that I'll be learning on this course, what to expect, what to brush up on, and familiarize myself with in advance.... I've done a few searches and have come up dry.

If there's a lesson plan I can get my hands on that would be great.

Depends what part of the 3's course you are doing.

The QL3 course has now been split into 2 parts to incorporate the inclusion of the CMD package.

Hope this helps and good luck on your 3's

<edited to add>

The course will cover the following topics,

hand tools
power tools
watermanship
hydraulic tools
demolitions
CMD (which is a new package introduced about 1 year ago)

Do a Search.

Things you will be covering (I may be missing a few, as I am relying on memory.)

Res Pt. A
Demolitions
Obstacles
Waterman ship
Tools

NL_engineer said:
Do a Search.

Things you will be covering (I may be missing a few, as I am relying on memory.)

Res Pt. A
Demolitions
Obstacles
Waterman ship
Tools

Now did you have to be so rude in the way you said that?

I bet he didn't, but it's those little personal touches that help hammer a message home.

NL_engineer said:
Do a Search.

When you post this, could you also offering a suggestion for search terms most likely to bring up the specific threads that will answer the question.

Army.ca Staff

Search for:"engineer course"

Army.ca Forums > The Field > The Combat Arms > Engineers > Search > Search Results
Pages: [1]

(No results found)

-----------

Adjust Search Parameters
Search for:"engineer ql3's"
Army.ca Forums > Search > Search Results
No results found
Army.ca Forums > Search > Search Results

Nfld Sapper, I'm doing both parts of the 3's this summer, is there a thread that you can point me to that contains the course outline? and what is watermanship?

<edited to remove smartass comments, that contributed nothing constructive to the thread>

Michael O'Leary said:
When you post this, could you also offering a suggestion for search terms most likely to bring up the specific threads that will answer the question.

Army.ca Staff

My F*** up, I should have done a search before I posted.

Watermanship, you learn how to use the assault boats both with the oars and the outboard motors.

As for a thread don't think there is one.

Well gentlemen, if nothing is turning up in the searches (a search on  - engineer basic training - also led to a dry well), perhaps someone could take a stab at actually answering the question first hand.

Thank you.

One question...how long is the CMD phase? I ask as this is what I have to do prior to posting to the field army, and I would like to know how soon, after joining,  I'll be in a field squadron.

IIRC, CMD is approx 2-3 weeks long, at least it is / was for RegF students....

Michael O'Leary said:
Well gentlemen, if nothing is turning up in the searches (a search on  - engineer basic training - also led to a dry well), perhaps someone could take a stab at actually answering the question first hand.

Thank you.

When I get a chance in the next few weeks, I'll start a topic with the training info, and links to the TTP's (if I remember where I saved them)

392 said:
IIRC, CMD is approx 2-3 weeks long, at least it is / was for RegF students....

The reserve course was changed so that it tied in with the Reg course..... they should be equal in length & content..... though they may have chopped some of the admin and sport activities.

Towards_the_gap said:
One question...how long is the CMD phase? I ask as this is what I have to do prior to posting to the field army, and I would like to know how soon, after joining,  I'll be in a field squadron.

So TTGap - how are you getting along with your plans to move over to the CF & join a CER?

Towards_the_gap said:

Heck I'm working on my 8th year and I'm still not CMD qualified. Gonna be intresting leading a section doing CMD when the section commander is not qualified yet but all the sappers are.

NL_engineer said:
When I get a chance in the next few weeks, I'll start a topic with the training info, and links to the TTP's (if I remember where I saved them)

The information would be located on the CFSME drives, so not available to general CF population. But you could post the topics that are covered in each of the 2 parts to the QL3 course.

Nfld Sapper said:
The information would be located on the CFSME drives, so not available to general CF population. But you could post the topics that are covered in each of the 2 parts to the QL3 course.

Will do once I get my account working again    ^-^

geo said:
So TTGap - how are you getting along with your plans to move over to the CF & join a CER?

Well we're getting there!!!! Eventually.........

...Basically I was originally told that seeing as my application was going to take so long (with pre-secs, security clearances etc) I shouldn't apply to leave the brits yet (you need to apply one year in advance to get out), or at least until the recruiting office knew more. This was in July last summer. October I get an e-mail from the CFRC saying ' guess what things have changed, and may be moving quicker', and lo and behold I get the job offer end of november. Which is great, but I still have 9 months left to serve with the British Army, as I applied to leave as soon as I got back to the UK at the end of August 2006.

Long story short, I'm out August 2nd this summer, and am now waiting for a second job offer from the CFRC. I've passed all the tests, and have been granted provisional QL3 (apart from the CMD phase apparently), QL5 and Pte (T) rank, with TCP of 2 years 70-odd days. From the looks of things I'll have to go to Gagetown for 2-3 weeks for the CMD phase of the QL3.

I'm trying to pre-empt the movement this side of the water by doing my Basic EOD course through the British Army, even though I'm not at an EOD unit, by claiming it as part of my ''Re-Settlement'', but I'm not holding out much hope of that.

That sounds great... looking forward to finding out about the ql3's.

I'm kind of surprised this sort of thing hasn't been posted before.

Back