• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PTSD / OSI [Merged]

From CAF Ombudsman's website, http://www.ombudsman.forces.gc.ca/en/ombudsman-questions-complaints-faq/index.page#ReleaseCategory

3. Release Category
3.1. I am not satisfied with my release category. How can I get it changed?

You can submit a redress of grievance regarding your release and/or release category. You should do so as soon as you are notified of your pending release and/or category. If you are unable to submit your grievance within a timely manner, you should submit a memo indicating your intention to submit a grievance and provide a tentative date for submission.

Should you decide to file a redress of grievance, you should ensure that you do so before your release takes effect. Once you have been released from the Canadian Forces, you will no longer be able to file a redress of grievance. However, any redress filed before your release will still be considered. (Refer to Chapter 7 of the Queen’s Regulations and Orders for more information.)

If you are a former member of the Canadian Forces, you can forward your concerns in writing to the Director General Military Careers for review.

From DND Page, http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/contact.page#military

Casualty Support Management
For support and services to ill and injured military personnel, serving and retired, their families and the families of the deceased.
Call (toll free): 1-800-883-6094
Email: Centre@forces.gc.ca

Military Careers Management
Email: mailto:dgmc-release-dgcm-liberation@forces.gc.ca

Mail:

National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0K2
Attention DMCA-4

Good luck.
Stick around and keep us informed if you wouldn't mind.
Bruce
army.ca Staff

They will no longer change release categories. The best they can do, is add 'annotated disabled' to the original release category.

VAC sees this all the time. It should not affect your ability to receive a disability award, or other benefits linked to service attributed disability. Sounds like you have a lot going on with VAC. Do you have anyone helping you with your claims?

All claims have been submitted so far. Waiting for 4 claims over the 16 weeks now. I'm in no rush either, I can wait till they go back to the old system of life long payments. I can assume that some if not all claims will be rejected then the battle begins. In saying that VAC has sent a nurse and occupational therapist to my home and also labelled me totally disabled in writing. I will keep you up to speed on everything as I get it.

I'm also working with Klode Rainville on a few things as well.

Found out yesterday that two of my claims were denied by VAC. Hearing loss and tinnitus. Hearing loss was not bad enough and didnt meet VAC criteria. Tinnitus, there is nothing in my Military history or med files to indicate it would be related to my service. How about 20+ years working around airplanes on ramps around the world. Time to get In touch with the pension advocates office.

loadiecc150 said:
Found out yesterday that two of my claims were denied by VAC. Hearing loss and tinnitus. Hearing loss was not bad enough and didnt meet VAC criteria. Tinnitus, there is nothing in my Military history or med files to indicate it would be related to my service. How about 20+ years working around airplanes on ramps around the world. Time to get In touch with the pension advocates office.

Had the same thing happen to me while serving.  VAC turned down my documented hearing loss, as my Med file did not meet their criteria.  This even with them having documentation as to what Trades suffer from various issues.  Being Armoured and having worked the majority of my career on tracked vehicles, as an Armour soldier it is common to have hearing loss from gun fire, and lower back problems from compressed discs due to vehicle vibration.  VAC seems to like to ignore their own documentation and studies, and make life a pure hell for Service members to make claims.  Advice I was given was to resubmit claims and fight for your rights.  It is very frustrating to have do, but those who persevered are usually successful.

loadiecc150 said:

This may help,

Hearing Loss Appeal to VAB 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/110225.0

I received the deny letter today in the mail. They state that I never complained while in the military about hearing loss and tinnitus also they do agree that I have chronic tinnitus and hearing loss. They can't relate it to my Military time.

I requested a departmental review and added that I worked on the flight line for 20+ years and my last 5 years were flying with no hearing protection at all.

Let's see how they respond. I am also getting in contact with pension advocates about it as well.

Does anyone have any experience with flinching/muscle spasms due to PTSD? Mine have been going on for almost 2 years now, ever since I went off work and diagnosed. Started not so bad but has gotten horrible to the point I flinch at least 500 times a day and they're sometimes violent. I have hit my wife while in bed and not on purpose. We no longer sleep in the same bed because of it. I have flinched so bad I have wrenched my back and no pain killers will help me out including percoset and medicinal marijuana.

I was told to complete yet another claim for VAC for the full body spasms. I have done that and now need to wait for the paperwork to come from VAC to have my Dr. complete them. He really loves me now. Filling out the same for multiple times for VAC to be denied!

loadiecc150 said:
Does anyone have any experience with flinching/muscle spasms due to PTSD?

This may help,

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ptsd+spasms&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=Vv56Vv6mG4uN8QeJwpewBQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=ptsd+%22muscle+spasms%22

I did do that, was just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and have they applied for a pension for it?

It is appreciated though.

Looking for some advice here?

I have my denial going through the BPA office, should i wait until they do their thing or get the ombudsmans office involved as well?

I'm in for the long haul; however, I wohld like the haul to be allot shorter already!

VAC takes forever to update my account page. Ive had all the paperwork submitted (Dr. Forms) my portion was done online, for almost a month now and still no update to stage 3 yet? Very painfull, literally!

Wishing all a Happy New Years!

Well, completed a reassessment today at VAC. Was one of the most painful things I have gone through! Dr. agreed I am screwed up and in severe pain. Lets see what VAC has to say about the reassessment. All of these are under the old pension act too.

I just received the weirdest phone call ever from VAC. Someone on the phone said they were sorry about the decision made about my hearing and tinnitus denial. I was then strongly encouraged to appeal the decision. I let the person know I had already spoken with the BPA office and a Lawyer. The person encouraged me to continue.

Has anyone else received a phone call like this before? Unknown number and the person wouldn't give their name.

loadiecc150 said:
Someone on the phone said they were sorry about the decision made about my hearing and tinnitus denial.

Tinnitus Anyone approved, without having prior med docs?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/97354.0/nowap.html

Hearing Loss Appeal to VAB 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/110225.0

Back