• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Provincial Friendliness (POLL)

In your opinion, which province has the most friendly people?

• Ontario

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • B.C

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Alberta

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Newfoundland and Labrador

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Quebec

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • P.E.I

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Nova Scotia

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • New Brunswick

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Manitoba

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Saskatchewan

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Yukon, NWT, Nunavut

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious as to who you think are the most friendly bunch of people. Sorry I couldn't include all provinces.

EDIT:

Recceguy

I'm doin this because a couple of people seem to disagree with me when I say that Newfoundlanders are some of the friendliest people around.

I'm not wondering who's going to offer me the most tea, and move to that province, if that's what you're thinking :dontpanic:

C'mon Fry. You've been doin' pretty good till you posted this....... ::)

Aww, c'mon people! We've got the best hospitality and the friendliest people ever here on the rock!

he he HE!!   :mad:   Is this one of those posts where the guy asks a question, gets some input, then argues his own answer?? ;D

JK, but if your really serious, you have to include everyone. You'll also get no definitive answer, cause everyone is biased to their own. I think it's Ontario, so long as we don't count the GTA ;)

I'd say we're all biased, so chances are you're going to get a large number from Ontario.

I'd say Nova Scotia but apparently the province that created Newfoundland (Re:Capers throwing rocks at seagulls), Neuvelle Ecosse, is nary a blip on the radar of friendliness as it seems they haven't garnered a nomination.

Unfortunately there werent' enough options for all the provinces.

Che said:
I'd say Nova Scotia but apparently the province that created Newfoundland (Re:Capers throwing rocks at seagulls), Neuvelle Ecosse

Now you've crossed the line, I would dare say that most of Cape Breton are Newfoundlanders whom ran out of money on the way to Toronto.  :D

Now you've crossed the line, I would dare say that most of Cape Breton are Newfoundlanders whom ran out of money on the way to Toronto.

Hmm out of money and on appalling detour in the wrong direction...sounds like some Newfies put their heads together alright
;D

Mwahahaha, oh what a can of worms we've opened.

Michael O'Leary said:
Poll amended.

This is my first poll, I was unaware of adding more radio check boxes.

Very much appreciated Michael, thanks.

I would have to agree with the eastern canada sentiment, I visited NS a few years ago, and the people couldn't have been nicer.

as well, I know people who have visited NFLD, and one story particularily makes me chuckle.

My highschool geography teacher took a group of students to NFLD one summer, and decided that he was going to take a walk, and enjoy the scenery of the cliffs (can't remember where exactly he was, sorry) anyway, he started walking down a road just enjoying nature, when car after car stops beside him, offering a ride, telling him that it's a long way to the next town, etc. Each time, he kindly refused. After a while of this, a particularly kind gentleman pulled up, and offered him a ride, when Mr. S refused, the man insisted, as it was going to be dark soon, again, Mr. S refused (politely). The man in the truck persisted, and finaly, Mr. S was guilted into accepting the ride from this stranger.

The man then was curious as to why Mr. S was so insistant that he didn't want a ride, so he invites Mr. S, a complete stranger, back to his house to have dinner with him and his wife.

Now that's what I call friendly.

Hehe, all of those votes for Alberta should go to Newfoundland!! darn cod moratorium!

EDIT 

Typo

I've been to every province in canada except for NFLD and I would have to say that the provinces in the East are the friendliest (I'm partial to NB , my home province). Quebec is the least friendliest followed by Ontario, BC and Alberta. That's just my opinion so don't get cranky hehe. Although ,I have never met a Newfoundlander I didnt like hehe.  >:D

Why limit this to Canada?

Minnesota is very friendly.  So is Bavaria, especially some villages near the inner-German border in the 80s.

;D

Then again, Diego Garcia was nice, but the locals were transported, so there was a hodgepodge of people there.  I think Philippines are friendly, but, having never been to the Philippines, I base my opinion on Filipina waitresses and Filipino bar bands.

Where would the ex-pat ABCA world be without Filipino bar bands?

Tom

Fry said:
Hehe, all of those votes for Alberta should go to Newfoundland!! darn cod moratorium!

Maybe they were all from Mcmurray, the Nfld of the west.

camochick said:
Quebec is the least friendliest followed by Ontario, BC and Alberta. I have never met a Newfoundlander I didnt like hehe.   >:D

This is exactly my list too.
My top three friendliest provinces would be NL, NS and NB in exactly that order.

Yep,

Not a chance...

People from Saskatchewan are by far the friendliest, kindest and most cooperative people in Confederation, bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back