Lumber said:Couple of questions:
1. Where is the reference that states "you must have a valid FORCE test in order to be promoted";
2. Where is the reference that states "you must have a valid MEDICAL in order to be promoted";
3. If someone is on a T6, but has not actually gone back to see the doctor, is their "medical" still "valid"? I.e. if it's been 2 years since their last full medical, but they were put on TCAT 12 months ago, and were supposed to go to the doctor every 6 months, but haven't, are they promotable?
4. If someone is put on a PCAT that has been sent to DMCA for an AR because they are of HIGH RISK of breaching UOS, are they promotable, or do you have to wait for the finding before you can promote him? (assuming D MED POL doesn't find they're in breach of UOS).
CountDC said:1 and 2 - promotion policies.
3. if you are placed on a TCat it stays until you go back. They do not expire on their own. The T6 is telling you when you have to go see the medics for an update which could be all clear, extend TCAT or change to PCAT.
4. in past you had to wait for AR/Mel to be resolved but reading this it appears that may be out the door as medical no longer ties up the promotion.
dapaterson said:For the valid medical and fitness test requirements, see CANFORGEN 87/06.
Lumber said:When you get a PCAT that the MO thinks is of high risk of breaching UOS, they tell you about your new PCAT send your file to DMCA for an AR. I haven't seen anything that says you can't get promoted if your are under AR.
So, if you can now get promoted if you have a PCAT that does not meet your MOS standards, and you could always get promoted if your are under an AR, then in this case, could you get promoted with a PCAT with a high risk of breaching UOS, until such a time as they determine that it is in breach of UOS and give you the boot?
ArmyVern said:Every file that I have taken them (except for MATA) that has had a TCat/AR Review noted, they have chosen "Promotion NOT Recommended".
Apparently, that will change with this message as a TCat or AR doesn't matter any more.
AleaIactaEst said:I am hired as an armoured soldier, and I was wondering what I would be doing for work during the spaces between bmq, sq, and moc.
xbowhntr said:Good Day,
I am being told that there is a chance that i will be forced to defer a promotion and not be posted due to trouble finding someone to fill my current position.
Anyone know the policy surrounding this?