• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Promotion from 2nd Lieutenant onwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksparrow

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering how the promotion works from the rank of 2LT onwards? If one is on OJT for a course that only runs once a year, doe sthat mean they will still have to finish their trade training before making LT, even if the course doesn't start for more than a year...i.e does one have to finish their trade training before moving up from 2LT?

Thx

If I am not mistaken you must complete your trades training before a promotion to LT. I can't think of an exception, but I am sure if there is someone on this forum will know the answer.

The very first thing you must be able to do for promotion is to be able to spell the rank correctly.

A private can't be promoted to Cpl (or even given his first hook) before they are qualified to do there job so why would it be any different for an officer?  ??? Oh wait that's a whole other topic all together.   :rage:

Promotion through the junior officer ranks is a confusing mess that is dependant on your trade and your commissioning plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back