• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

FlyingDutchman said:
For 5 minutes straight I got that message, logged out, logged in, cleared cookies, open and closed the browser, everything.  It did not stop until I visited the forums here, then I was good to play.

It's a ploy by Mike Bobbitt to get you to visit the forums!  ;)

it does the same ting to me "error while loading page from Afghan Operations
Empty response received.
Find another game

David1997 said:
it does the same ting to me "error while loading page from Afghan Operations
Empty response received.
Find another game

One thing about it....when it happens you can rest assured that you did not fail the mission.

Mike, can you check my stats?  Just got promoted and, for some reason I don't think I got my merit points.

I have been sleeping for 2 hours and my CR is at 0 still. Did a mission before going to bed...got the sad panda.............

Wonder if I broke the game.....sniped the medals I wanted on ebay and I am off to bed again....will be up in about 4 hours...........

It seems that for higher level missions, the system sometimes crunches numbers for too long, and Facebook times out. The higher level the mission, the more likely this will happen. (To test this, try running a mission in one of the early locations and see if that makes a difference.)

I'm traveling right now but will take a look at this when I get back.

For those who are seeing CR regen slow or stop, you've encountered the anti-cheating mechanism in the game. If you reload very quickly, it's possible to conduct missions over and over, sometimes even after you run out of CR. (It will go negative) A few months ago I changed the game to detect this situation and penalize the player. Basically when the game detects this problem it pushes out your next CR regen based on how 'bad' the cheat was. If you got away with a lot, it might be a day or more before you see your next point.

Now, I'm not trying to insinuate that folks who have been dinged by this are cheating. If you don't know how the system works then it's more likely you're just using it this way and didn't know it was a problem. In short though, reloading the page before the last load has completely finished could trigger this event.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks Mike. IIRC that's what I did, I sometimes get to impatient and as I expect the 'error page" I will jump the gun and go to "home" and back to the game before I get the "error' notice.

And yes I have noticed that lower level missions work OK.

later
Larry

re: the error for higher level missions.

Shocked me this morning when I was playing (mobile) when it didn't go to the error screen after a high level (-4310 CR) mission.  I figured that I was unsuccessful but no, it was successful and had gone through properly.  I can't confirm whether it was a fluke or not for a few more hours when I try again but maybe others may notice it too?

It has happened a time or 2 for me as well. Hard oh this 'ol heart when 4662CR is riding on the dice.... ;D

Mike

I keep having problems with the like option.  I have checked it on fb and the for  past week I have not been receiving the upgrade. Not sure what the issue is or if it is just me.  I have 3 more days and then I head over to the real sandbox.  I do not think I will hit 1000, but it has been fun with the game and time for someone else to take the lead.

Cheers

Paul

I haven't been receiving the 'like' upgrade lately either.  I've done the un-like and re-like, but it still doesn't seem to be working.

3VP, congrats on maintaining the lead for so long.  All the best to you, stay safe.

It's starting to "Time out" when I switch pages now. It took two tries to go from Ops to Roster......I have had it also when going from Ops to Stats.

I don't know if its an ongoing issue, but I have recently completed the Clean Up All Traces of a Cross Border Operation in South Waziristan. I received the Sad Panda message, but I think that it allowed me to complete the mission without deducting any CR.

I click on the link both here in the forums and on Facebook and I keep getting an error, whats up? Anyone have an idea?

CDN_Forces_Dad said:
I click on the link both here in the forums and on Facebook and I keep getting an error, whats up? Anyone have an idea?

Scroll up and read previous threads....iyt's an on going issue

My last two rank promotions (ranks 963 and 964) only gave me 500 MPs each whereas earlier ones were over 1900.  Is this correct?

It is. I noticed that high level players - especially ones ranking up 2-3 times a day - were receiving an excessive amount of MP for promotions. The same formula still applies (8 + 2 * Rank) but it's now capped at 500MP.

3VP Highlander said:
Mike

I keep having problems with the like option.  I have checked it on fb and the for  past week I have not been receiving the upgrade. Not sure what the issue is or if it is just me.  I have 3 more days and then I head over to the real sandbox.  I do not think I will hit 1000, but it has been fun with the game and time for someone else to take the lead.

Cheers

Paul

I've heard this complaint from others as well. Facebook changed some things under the covers a few weeks ago and I think this is now broken for some (but not all...?). I'll check into it, I probably just need to change the ID I'm checking for likes.

WRT the timeouts, I'm hoping that the server switch will give us the horsepower to address this. A bit of a cop-out I know... throw more hardware at the problem instead of optimizing the code. :)

Back