• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

I can't log on with my cell phone. I get "A communication failure has occured". Am at work and not able to access a desk top.

Hey yea I tried deleting it and adding it again but it doesn't work. I dont know if this means anything but when I click "go to app" it takes me to the "Please log into or authorize facebook before proceeding page". At this point it takes you to the "Request for Permission" page.
This is where it doesn't work, because after confirming the request for permission it takes me back to the "Please log into or authorize facebook to proceed page" and after that I always get the error message. Hope this helps.

Got home from work and started playing, went good for a while, I had some pages open "Ops", "Roster" etc. Then it bounced me on all pages with a message. At the same time i could access Army.ca no problem but it would just spin it's wheels went I tried to enter a thread.......all is working good now. The cell issue appears to be a network problem and I don't think it's game related.

Larry, there are periods in the very early morning where backups sometimes run and can cause the site to go slowly or even time out occasionally. I think that's what you hit. Riverain96 thanks for the info, that gives me something to work with. I'm starting to suspect based on what I'm seeing here and elsewhere on the net that this may be yet problem that Facebook has introduced but is slow to acknowledge.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Larry, there are periods in the very early morning where backups sometimes run and can cause the site to go slowly or even time out occasionally. I think that's what you hit. Riverain96 thanks for the info, that gives me something to work with. I'm starting to suspect based on what I'm seeing here and elsewhere on the net that this may be yet problem that Facebook has introduced but is slow to acknowledge.
I am usually in bed by 0400......you wanna change it's schedule  ::)

Well, this is me eating crow... Facebook had nothing to do with the "empty response" problem, it was all me. Should be fixed now though.

Mike is too modest. I can report that his unrelenting diligence in tracking down this error over the last couple of days (it was happening to me too) successfully culminated in cornering the software bug in its lair, and dispatching it with impunity.

Now if I could get this level of tech support in other areas of my life I would be a happy happy man.

When I click on the FB link this morning, it gives me this:

Invalid URL
The requested URL "/afghan_ops/?ref=bookmarks&count=0", is invalid.

Reference #9.56921160.1302258500.526b7da

Edit: Same from the army.ca link at the top of the page. I'll try again from work in a bit and see what happens.

Works fine from work. Hmmm, my home computer has been giving me a few similar problems lately, looks like the problems are all on my end.

it works fine, other than the fact that it ask me to login to facebook first on a few occasions.

Isn't initiative supposed to cap at 540? MJP seems to have 720 without an incentive running. Not that he's cheated or anything, I just thought the system wouldn't allow you to add any initiative past 540 without an incentive as a temporary boost.

PuckChaser said:
Isn't initiative supposed to cap at 540? MJP seems to have 720 without an incentive running. Not that he's cheated or anything, I just thought the system wouldn't allow you to add any initiative past 540 without an incentive as a temporary boost.

It is just medal incentives, they were useless to me as I had maxed out my initiative so I cashed them in to get the 100 medal incentive.  They added nothing to my CR time as impressive as it looks.

I got one mission done this morning and now whenever I try any others, I get:

Error

Sorry, the application you were using is experiencing a problem. Please try again later.
Empty response received.
Go Home

(the 'Go Home' takes me to Facebook)

Tried to buy equipment to see if it was just the missions doing it.  I could press the 'purchase required equipment' and it went to the equipment tab. But when I went to actually buy it, it came up with the 'log in to or authorize Facebook' page.  Upon clicking on that, it went back to the error above.

Edited to add:  it's working now.  Persistence pays off?

Hmm, might be early morning backups slowing things down again. I'll review the schedule and make sure they're not running too late.

It just happened now, as well as a couple of other times this morning....in the last hour or so

Back