• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Good news! I'm pretty confident that I've solved - or at least greatly reduced - the white screen problem.

Please dive in and play, and if you see any problems (white screens or otherwise) let me know!

The game is running remarkably faster. Just failed a mission and emptied my CR, so I can't test white screens, but the load time between training missions and moving through tabs is very fast compared to before.

That's a side benefit to the change. I had to make things more efficient because the game was taking too long and facebook was timing out with the white screen. The downside is that to make things more efficient, I had to change a lot of the underpinnings of the game... that's risky as it may create other problems, and honestly, it was taxing my feeble mind to make the change without losing data.

Here's hoping I got it right. :)

Mike, it is working substantially faster with no white screens for me.

It must be a lot of work, so thank you.

T

Excellent! Glad to hear things are running more smoothly now. I know those white screens where frustrating and they were at the top of my hit list. It was just taking me a while to zero in on the cause. :)

Just ran a couple missions, including some that produced INT. No white screens, and missions loaded in approx 3 seconds after clicking the "Conduct Mission" button. Thanks again, Mike!!

PuckChaser said:
Just ran a couple missions, including some that produced INT. No white screens, and missions loaded in approx 3 seconds after clicking the "Conduct Mission" button. Thanks again, Mike!!

Things are just "Hummimng along with Herman" today ;D Thanks again :salute:

That's bad news vern... but I know you're a night owl so it may have been happening when the backups were running, which could still be a valid cause. Unfortunately there is no way for me to track when the white screens occur... from this end, everything looks OK, but Facebook gets tired of waiting and times out. I'll think about possible options here, even if it's something simple like displaying how 'busy' the server is so we can track white screens and busy times.

Mike Bobbitt said:
That's bad news vern... but I know you're a night owl so it may have been happening when the backups were running, which could still be a valid cause. Unfortunately there is no way for me to track when the white screens occur... from this end, everything looks OK, but Facebook gets tired of waiting and times out. I'll think about possible options here, even if it's something simple like displaying how 'busy' the server is so we can track white screens and busy times.

I think you may be correct as those were the only 2 glitches that I experienced --- all seems well since.

ArmyVern said:
I just got the white screen twice ...  :-\

Well at least you didn't crash the photo gallery last night...  >:D

Weird... so even if you fail a mission now, does it drop at all?

When is the last piece of equipment available? I'm above level 150 and I'm missing one piece of item for my level 5 'unique equipment owned' medal.
Is this an error or...?

bdave said:
When is the last piece of equipment available? I'm above level 150 and I'm missing one piece of item for my level 5 'unique equipment owned' medal.
Is this an error or...?

each contest adds a new piece of kit... maybe that's the idea?

Each level unlocks new kit at the early levels... but after a while it slows down. I can say that you'll unlock kit at level 580, should you make it that far. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Each level unlocks new kit at the early levels... but after a while it slows down. I can say that you'll unlock kit at level 580, should you make it that far. :)

Oh my gawd!! :eek:

Well that is really weird... I just tested it and it is definitely working for me, but I'll check in to what's going on with you. I thought at first it may have been an incentive, but you don't have any active. In the mean time, enjoy your bliss! ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Well that is really weird... I just tested it and it is definitely working for me, but I'll check in to what's going on with you. I thought at first it may have been an incentive, but you don't have any active. In the mean time, enjoy your bliss! ;)

My screen is the same, the MPs earned and the CR do not actually take effect in your stats until the next click after that screenshot below.

Same thing occurs when you complete daily challenges --- you get a screen like below advising that you earned XXX for completing the challenge and then the XXX actually reflects on your next click.

The system is working fine.

Back