• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Just noticed something, small but reminded me of the Jessica Lynch rescue  ;D

Route Summit
Provide cover during a casevac -55CR, +631CE
2xC8FTHB Rifle
4x240x 5.56mm Blank
2xC9 Light Machine Gun
4x220x 5.56mm Ball (Linked)
2xC3 Smoke Grenade
Purchase All Equipment

There's no progress bar underneath the area opened up at level 60 for insurgency. Haven't put CR into yet to see if it will show up once you start reducing.

Thanks Grimaldus and PuckChaser, I've fixed both of those issues up.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Jules,

You're not the first to report that... it's clearly a problem. I'll need to run some tests and see what's going on there... thanks for the report. In the mean time, I've knocked down your insurgency to 80 at one of your locations. Sorry about the hassle!

Good point... I'll try to work on a fix right now as well.

Cheers
Mike

Here's the issue as I see it with the insurgency rating; the same thing has occured to me each time I've claimed a medal incentive there to drop insurgency rates. Nothing. Mind, all my "reduced" insurgencies were completely reduced to zero and my highest insurgencies were always 100% each time I've tried to claim. I've never attempted to 'claim" a medal while any rate was other than "0" or "100" --- no partially reduced insurgencies were in effect.

Level 1:
Incentive: Drop lowest insurgency by 20 points
1,000 / 1,000 (100%)

When I claimed this, I got the message telling me my lowest insurgency had been reduced by 20 points. It changed none of my rates. Why? I suspect that it did indeed reduce "my lowest" insurgency rate ... the one that was already at 0; zero - 20 still equals zero on the bar.

Level 2:
Incentive: Drop highest insurgency by 20 points
5,000 / 5,000 (100%)

Again, when claimed: nada. In this instance, all reduced rates were already at 0 and my "highest insuregency" was at 100%. It did not reduce at all. Perhaps, for this one, the system is only recognizing insuregencies with partial values - thus no 100% insurgencies are being looked at for reduction.

Level 3: Asleep On Your Feet
Incentive: Drop lowest 3 insurgencies by 40 points
10,000 / 10,000 (100%)

Claimed. Nada. But, but then I had 5 or 6 insurgencies already reduced to "0". Suspect the lowest 3 that it reduced were again ... 3 of those. I had 4 insurgency rates at 100% at the time, thus they were also my lowest 3 insurgencies still in play for me, but they were not the ones reduced. So, I suspect that when it reduces "lowest" insurgencies --- it counts the "lowest" as being those already reduced to "0" and thus does nothing to any actually requiring further reduction.

For reducing of "highest" insurgencies ... it does not seem to be recognizing insurgencies at 100% levels.

Next time that I attempt to claim a medal, I'll make sure that I have an insurgency left that is neither 0 or 100 ... and see if that makes a difference.

ArmyVern said:
Next time that I attempt to claim a medal, I'll make sure that I have an insurgency left that is neither 0 or 100 ... and see if that makes a difference.

It does work when it the insurgency is neither 0 or 100%, I just cashed in the "drop top 3 insurgency by 40%". Mike had to set my insurgencies down 20% the last time, I had the same issue you are having.

Just bought enough stuff to earn level 3 of the "total equipment owned" medal and the bar just turned black with no option to purchase the incentive.  Is this because I don't have enough Mil points or is it a bug?

Damn you for making button clicking so addicting.  :)

Vern, did you claim your incentives after I "fixed" the issue? (E.G. late in the day on Sept 25th)

If it was before, it definitely would not have worked... if it was after, it should have worked. And it should reduce your lowest non-zero insurgency level, so if you have values at 0 and 100 that shouldn't matter...

If it's not working that way right now, we still have a bug. :(

Swingline, if you don't have enough MilPoints, the incentive does show as unavailable... but it will come back as soon as you have enough. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Vern, did you claim your incentives after I "fixed" the issue? (E.G. late in the day on Sept 25th)

If it was before, it definitely would not have worked... if it was after, it should have worked. And it should reduce your lowest non-zero insurgency level, so if you have values at 0 and 100 that shouldn't matter...

If it's not working that way right now, we still have a bug. :(

Swingline, if you don't have enough MilPoints, the incentive does show as unavailable... but it will come back as soon as you have enough. :)

I probably claimed them the 1st week the game was up ... I am just that good!!!  ;D

It was certainly before the 25th.

Whew! Then I can sleep tonight believing (maybe mistakenly) that the problem is already fixed. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Whew! Then I can sleep tonight believing (maybe mistakenly) that the problem is already fixed. :)

I'll sleep better too knowing that next time I claim one ... something might actually happen!!  ;D

Fighting insurgency

I thought I was simply mistaken when I saw this the first time.

When I first started to fight insurgency at FOB Spin Boldak, the first click I lowered insurgency by 4 to 96%.  I clicked it again to reduce the insurgency and it went to 99%.  ?????  I figured 95%, but the first click reduction seemed to vanish.  I didn't care so much and thought nothing of it.

It happened again.  When I started to fight insurgency at Khandahar City.  I clicked and lowered insurgency by 3% to 97%.  The next time I clicked the and the amount lowered seemed to come from 100%, not 97%.  (I can't remember what my second click was today). 

But the point is it seems like the first click to reduce insurgency seems to vanish.  It all worked well after the first click. 

EDIT - So I went into my history. I can't find proof of the mistake in the first instance but it did show up in today's history.

http://imgur.com/6Jhs6.jpg

I was afraid I was going crazy although I might be there already.... I'm not in any rush to be crazier.

Here's what I was speaking of earlier wrt insurgencies levels rising extremely quickly for me ...

2010-09-12 14:17:48 Decreased Insurgency in FOB Spin Boldak FOB Spin Boldak by 3. Now at 97.
2010-09-12 14:54:59 Decreased Insurgency in FOB Spin Boldak FOB Spin Boldak by 1. Now at 99.

On my bar, my level had actually increased back up to 100% in that 36 minutes.

But, scrolling just down a wee bit more -- I see this:

2010-09-13 06:18:20 Decreased Insurgency in FOB Spin Boldak FOB Spin Boldak by 3. Now at 97.
2010-09-13 06:18:25 Decreased Insurgency in FOB Spin Boldak FOB Spin Boldak by 4. Now at 96.

I didn't notice that tendency to count "from 100" on that; so perhaps, my issue is actually the same as yours.  :-\

Yep ... I think that's the issue:

2010-09-14 06:58:34 Decreased Insurgency in Kandahar City Kandahar City by 2. Now at 98.
2010-09-14 06:58:39 Decreased Insurgency in Kandahar City Kandahar City by 4. Now at 96.

Interesting! I'll have to check into that, as it's clearly not right. Thanks for the detailed info!

...and just like that, I think I found it!

When the insurgency level was at 100%, the rising insurgency was never processed. As soon as it dropped below 100, it was processed, and all that backlog of trouble came knocking. I.E. It raised the insurgency as if it hadn't been processed since the last time it was below 100%.

I'm not doing a very good job explaining it, bit I'm pretty confident that I found the problem.

Thanks!
Mike

I just stacked a bunch of initiative adding incentives. +30 initiative, as well as a +5%. In my PER, it shows:

Initiative:
Speeds up CR regen 01:03 +3 (11:59:46).

Medals section shows my Initiative at 63, which is what it should be I think.

Good catch... luckily, it was only a display issue on the PER screen... It would show only the 'last' incentive affecting an attribute. I've fixed it up now.

Still shows the time vice 63 initiative on my PER....

I got 100 Total Pieces of Equipment Owned and the medal shows 100%, however there didn't see the claim incentive button. Did I miss something?

Back