• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

crooks.a

Reaction score
uncle-midget-Oddball said:
I just thought I would mention:
if anyone on these forums playing the game does not want their actual name revealed online.... do not choose to have the player badge displayed on army.ca

I say this because the roster is much like a database that includes all names of people playing the game (it runs through facebook, so it knows your name)... and the player badge on army.ca is like a fingerprint that can be matched to the info on the roster.

Maybe instead of having our facebook names on the game's roster, there is a way to have our army.ca screen name show up on the roster instead?

Edit: added more
Just a followup on this report:

A really determined person can still find the real world name & Facebook profile of any of the players by going to the roster, clicking on a username, and copying the ID out of there:

http://apps.facebook.com/afghan_ops/?function=showplayer;u=501332941 <-- my PER

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501332941 <-- my Facebook profile.

Perhaps the game database should have a unique "player ID" instead of using the Facebook profile ID?

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the note Alex. Changing over to a new unique ID would be a massive undertaking... Not only would I need to manually update the existing data, but I would need to touch just about every part of the program... likely breaking lots of things. ;) I'll try to find a better way.

Cheers
Mike

crooks.a

Reaction score
Perfect. I was going to suggest using the unique ID only for the publicly displayed parts, but this is a lot easier.

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Level 1: Tripped Over A Gridline
Situational Awareness Reaches 50
Incentive: +5 Situational Awareness (50MP)
50 / 100 (50%)

First level doesn't trip, shows the progress bar for the second level.

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Looks good! I won't click it as I'm saving up for a Badger or something neat like that, but it displays properly.

kratz

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
When redeeming the MilPoints Spent medal, level 3, I noticed my CG634 Helmet was at 145%.

When I spent the -2CR to increase my proficiency level, the extra 45% from the previous level did not carry over
to level 3.

SeanNewman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All of the numbers on the Int Dossier medal bars seem to be +1

IE, the medal for the first one shows 2/2, the medal for 10 shows 11/11, etc.

Not a big deal now but my head will spin when I collect my 25th and it's only showing 25/26  ;D

2010newbie

Reaction score
Is the game offline?

I was waiting for the CR to regen and the game seems to have disappearred. When I select the game (either through my FB home page or through the link at Army.ca) all I get is a blank page with the FB header and sidebar.

crooks.a

Reaction score
2010newbie said:
Is the game offline?

I was waiting for the CR to regen and the game seems to have disappearred. When I select the game (either through my FB home page or through the link at Army.ca) all I get is a blank page with the FB header and sidebar.
I reported this one here: http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/96429/post-969586.html

The problem seems to be with the army.ca domain as well.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Sorry folks, the game was offline last night and fixed early this morning.

Petamocto said:
All of the numbers on the Int Dossier medal bars seem to be +1

IE, the medal for the first one shows 2/2, the medal for 10 shows 11/11, etc.

Not a big deal now but my head will spin when I collect my 25th and it's only showing 25/26  ;D

That was me trying to find the cheap/easy way to get past another problem. :) It should show properly now.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
kratz, your equipment should show properly the next time you train on it... and I guess I need to fix that up too. :)

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
So my CR is 31.  It's inflated to 41 because I used a +10 incentive to inflate it (for 12 hours)

A few minutes ago I used the Instant Combat Readiness Refill...  but it only filled up to 31 and not 41.  Being a refill, shouldn't it fill up to 41 due to the use of the +10 incentive (beginners luck medal) which is still in play?

http://imgur.com/ag8Rx.jpg

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Trinity said:
So my CR is 31.  It's inflated to 41 because I used a +10 incentive to inflate it (for 12 hours)

A few minutes ago I used the Instant Combat Readiness Refill...  but it only filled up to 31 and not 41.  Being a refill, shouldn't it fill up to 41 due to the use of the +10 incentive (beginners luck medal) which is still in play?

I think that's a bug. A refill is a refill, should work regardless of bonuses and fill whatever your current max is.

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I just leveled up and it filled up to 41 properly as it should.  Don't know why it failed earlier on the refill. 

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://apps.facebook.com/afghan_ops/?function=per

Getting a lot of "please log into facebook or Army.ca" when trying to spending Merit Points