• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Blank screen trying to reduce insurgency about 30 seconds ago, this is the link in the address bar: http://apps.facebook.com/afghan_ops/?crack=thump&function=insurgency

I'm not sure what is going on with Afghan Ops.  All I get right now is a blank screen when I try to connect. 

There was a bump in the road this morning and I rebooted the whole server. It should be behaving better since then.

I've been able to reproduce the "re-submit" problem a few times now, so I think I'm getting closer on that one.

Looks like there's a bump right now.....I'm not getting anything!  Not even f-book!!!!!!

On the plus-side, I just got promoted and didn't get a chance to do anything with it...so I'm gaining points towards my "missed CR" medal....

On the downside, I'm gaining points towards my "missed CR" medal....

NS

Just did 4 identical "clean you weapon" msns in a row. First 2 "white paged" and I had to go to "home" then back to the game, third was normal and the fourth "white paged". When this happens it still completes the msn. The last 3 msn I bought the required equipment.

Oh No a Canadian said:
We have 6 daily challenges again.
I just took a look through the code. Enjoy the extra challenges you get today because the error should be fixed now.

I have negative CR :(  I think I pushed a button too many times to train equipment. Can this be fixed or do I have to wait?

MPwannabe said:
I have negative CR :(  I think I pushed a button too many times to train equipment. Can this be fixed or do I have to wait?

Hi MPwannabe,

The problem is sometimes the system lets a few extra clicks slip through. The good news is, you got all the benefits from the equipment training, so it's really just a matter of waiting until your CR regens. I see you're coming back up to positive numbers now. My advice would be not to click or reload too quickly... The system can get confused and sometimes let you use more CR than you have... but the downside is, you wait a long time for it to come back.

Looks like Facebook is sending us on double missions again.

White pages are back, started when I tried to go from Sha Wali Kot to KAF using the dropdown menu.

PuckChaser said:
White pages are back, started when I tried to go from Sha Wali Kot to KAF using the dropdown menu.

I was getting them this morning while doing missions too.

I've seen some timeouts as well (white pages with a short message). I'm looking into what's causing it, but I think our server is just a touch too slow for Facebook's liking sometimes. :(

Oh, and I know about/have seen the re-submit problem... I'm looking at options for this one as well.

Cheers
Mike

The forums not bad, but I get time outs, constantly, in the 22:00 - 24:00 period on a regular basis. Maybe switch your reboot, backup, what ever is running and draining resources at that time gets moved to, like 03:00 or something.

I don't know about Facebook, but I've lost points and missions (I think) because of timeouts, white screens and just 'shut down and restart' , lockups, etc with missions in progress. It seems to be working on a 56 KM modem.

Every time I hit 'Conduct Mission' or ' Buy equipment' I can go to the bar and buy a beer before the screen refreshes. Then it tells me stuff like I don't have enough points or whatever, even though I did when I hit the button.

recceguy, are you reloading when this happens? If so it'll re-submit your last request, and process it two, three or more times. I've had the white screen come up a lot but by my reckoning, it always completes the requested action... I just don't get any feedback about it. You can also check your log history on your PER and see if it looks out of whack. Load on the server is low right now... Maybe I missed whatever job was running amok.

recceguy said:
The forums not bad, but I get time outs, constantly, in the 22:00 - 24:00 period on a regular basis. Maybe switch your reboot, backup, what ever is running and draining resources at that time gets moved to, like 03:00 or something.

Noooo don't do it at 0300...that's when I play :) I am getting constant whiteouts but it appears to complete things for me.

Am I suppose to be able to have - 168 CR? Never went into the negatives over CR before

You may have clicked "Conduct mission again" twice without thinking of it. It should regen normally, you just won't be able to use CR until it gets to positive numbers.

It's regenerating normally towards 0 at the moment. I figured that was the case. Just found it interesting that it even let me go into negatives as opposed to stopping me from repeating the mission

Back