• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Mike Bobbitt said:
I'm not sure what you're asking... do you want me to toss out your additional CE so you only level up one Rank at a time? Short of that, I'm not sure how to deal with the situation where you level up twice... You'll miss out on the CR refill, but I can't see a way around that. I'm open to suggestions, as long as they're fair. ;)

I think Crooks' suggestion might work <barring coding issues>, you may have already answered him though.

He basically says  create a button that expends the CE awarded in parts.

Bare with me on my programming ignorance.
Could the program take the award and divide it by 5 and have a button that allows you to cash in 1/5 for every time it is pressed?

I chose 5 only because I can't imagine someone jumping more than 5 levels at a time.

Task said:
I think Crooks' suggestion might work <barring coding issues>, you may have already answered him though.
What my idea was is that you don't advance in level unless you choose to, so if you have enough CE for a promotion, then you will be able to click a button to advance to the next level. If you have enough CE for ten promotions, then you could level, expend the CR, level, expend the CR, etc.

"Post to your wall"

I've hit this with a couple of my past few promotions this week (trying to get up to 1000 people...) and in looking back at my wall, it's not showing up.

????

NS

Mike Bobbitt said:
I'm not sure what you're asking... do you want me to toss out your additional CE so you only level up one Rank at a time? Short of that, I'm not sure how to deal with the situation where you level up twice... You'll miss out on the CR refill, but I can't see a way around that. I'm open to suggestions, as long as they're fair. ;)

I think the only issue with multiple levelings (I just did one), is that the milpoints don't store and count for the 2 levels like the merit points do.

As for missing CR refill, can extra CR left after leveling count as "CR Missed?" It would let people earn towards those medals, but I suspect you would need to bump up the missed CR requirement for each medal slightly, like this: 1000/2000/5000/10000/25000 just to make it more balanced as it would be easy to grab those incentives at higher levels if you play a certain way.

I was questioning that to myself, re: missed CR.  Besides the ones that I missed for doing a double level, there were also the few here and there that aren't used when you do a regular level up.

Another question about the missed CR medal.  I haven't missed any yet, so I'm not sure how much subsequent levels ask for.  But is it accumulative like the Merit Points one?  Or can you miss 5 or 10 then carry on and it puts those in your continuing total of missed.

Missed CR accumulates, don't need to consecutively miss it to get the medal. There's a counter in your PER.

PuckChaser said:
Missed CR accumulates, don't need to consecutively miss it to get the medal. There's a counter in your PER.

Thanks PC.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Now THAT is dedication!

That's one description, I think it is more of "addiction"!

Larry Strong said:
Nooooo the games not addictive.......is it? ;D

I guess it can't be considered an addiction until there is a help line for it, or some sort of support group.  Oh wait, that would be army.ca!!  Damn you Mike!  Nothing like an addiction to feed another addiction.

Larry Strong said:
Nooooo the games not addictive.......is it? ;D

My wife was having contractions.... I was timing them but still playing the game.  I convinced her that she was alright so I could still play. 

I was right, the baby didn't come...  and I still played.

I'm pretty good at the game.... but not this good:

rosterown.jpg

That was me just catching up with some of the Feature Requests... It's all fixed up now. :)

Mike,

I am apparently eligible for the Level 5 on 50 pieces of equipment medal, despite only having level 5 or above on 27 pieces of equipment. Is it possibly counting multiples of 5 on pieces of equipment I own, because I have several that are close to 30...

Edit to add...

It also shows I am 93/100 for the next medal tier... despite only owning like 56 pieces of equipment...

Edit again: Thanks a zillion Mike!

Lol this was too funny:

Sorry, Afghan Operations failed inspection and is doing remedial drill until things improve. Please check back later.

T

Just had to take it offline for a few mins while I cleaned up the problem JesseWZ reported above. I'm partly done now, the next time the problem occurs it'll throw an error and I'll know a bit more.

In the mean time Jesse, do your medals look right now?

Thanks!
Mike

P.S. I'll hit you tomorrow for your extra points, since I already gave you some for another idea earlier on. :)

Mike,

It's looking all good on my end.

Cheers

Back