• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problem with a message posted

Gordon Angus Mackinlay

Inactive
Reaction score
Sir,

On Friday night I posted a message making a offer to suppy anyone who subscribes to this list, and who wanted it, a copy of a electronic book that I have nearly completed:
"A MOMENT IN TIME"
THE BRITISH ARMY  AT A MOMENT IN TIME 1 JULY 2007 : A  LOOK AT THE REGULAR AND TERRITORIAL ARMY.
Free!

After I posted the message I made a addit to it, with more amplifying information. 

Having not received any queries or requests for a copy, I came to the list to have a look at the entry, but, am unable to find it.  I have looked at all messages that I have posted over the years and  searched for it under a number of different ways.  All to no avail, it being as if it had never existed.

Should I repost this offer?  Or has this message been removed for some reason?

The item is compiled in the highest standard, and is a very through document of some 160 A4 pages, giving a accurate description of the British Army as of the date shown.
Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY

Gordon,

It's not gone, your post is alive and well here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/65781.0.html

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for that Mr Bobbitt.

Whilst no problems with the link, having just tried to search and still cannot find it that way?????  So where has it actually gone/

My apologies for this, it is possible that the new (very expensive ) anti-SPAM software purchased this year may have something to do with it, as it does some rather bizarre things.
Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY

if you click on your link you will see the forum its in and each seperate subsection its it... in your case it will be The Mess....Foreign Militaries....British Military,,,,and then your topic

Ex-Dragoon said:
if you click on your link you will see the forum its in and each seperate subsection its it... in your case it will be The Mess....Foreign Militaries....British Military,,,,and then your topic

Except there is no forum listing for The Mess....just go to the forum Foreign Militaries....etc.( I know, I drove my self batty trying to find The Mess)

GAP said:
Except there is no forum listing for The Mess....just go to the forum Foreign Militaries....etc.( I know, I drove my self batty trying to find The Mess)

Sure there is! http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php#5

Gordon, any time you want to find a previous post of yours, you can just look at your post history: http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;sa=showPosts

Yeah, yeah.....now you show me what I have been missing......  ;D

oooops.

I was searching for it in the forum link bar at the top of the page, never thought to look there.

No worries, there are tons of ways to get around here so if it works for you: it's right. :)

Once more my thanks Mr Bobbitt.

As I said in the commencement message, I had looked through my message file, but, could not find it.

Having just looked at the original message offering the book, 107 people have viewed it, yet no one has requested a copy!!!!

Do you have any thoughts on how I can publicise it in a more effcient manner on the site (I did not post it on the British Army site, but, the general one), as I wrote it is FREE, and is a quality item, and I would like to see it widely circulated (I have about 170 people in Austral, NZ, SA and Scotland down to get a copy).

So if you could please advise me as to how I can achieve a better result.

As initially said in the orignal message, it is a attempt to clarify the (at times utter nonesense) misinformation placed upon the internet.

If you wish to have a look at the UNCOMPLETED text, send me a email to gam47@bigpond with a address and I'll send a copy.
Yours,
G/.

Gordon,

It may take a while to build up the momentum, but I think your post has all the salient information needed. If there's enough interest, it will generate requests on its own at this point.

Good luck!
Mike

Back