• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Princess Patricia's warriors battle alongside Fighting 13th Marines at TRUEX, MA

Personally I've never been impressed with the US Forces.. what they lack in quality they have in quantity.. This has always been a problem with the US Military. Loved being the OPFOR against any US unit.. Was not impressed when excersises had to be restarted after they had lost in less than 1/4 of the exercise lenght.

I think you are probably way out of date on this. Don't forget that they were doing evaluated exercises when we were still struggling with the idea. Maybe the fact that the unit lost, and learned a hard lesson, was better than going on an exercise where the "debrief" consisted of a bunch of mutual back patting and uttering inanities like "Oh, yes- that was the greatest ex ever" regardless of what stupidities had occurred. When you believe that an ex might actually prepare you for battle, as opposed to keeping you out of the Mess in Wainwright, you may tend to see things differently.

the Marines I encountered there were the dumbest people I've ever met.. they were SO slow that sometimes the computer forgot what they were typing they were so slow.
You are completely off the mark here. Marines have been among the fittest, smartest and most mission-oriented soldiers I have ever met-in my opinion superior to the US Army. I am even more certain that your impressions are out of date.

why bother about moving Regiments when you are airlifting Divisions..

Because operations in places like Afghanistan and Iraq today are being decided by companies and battalions, not Bdes and Divs. We can play as well in that   game as anybody, believe me.

Cheers.

Back