• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prince Philip Passed Away

At least the virus will prevent Trudeau from dressing up in some weird costume.

Bright sides are so rare, these days.

Season 3 Play GIF by The Simpsons

May he rest in peace, hope her magisty the queen is holding up okay, couples that are together as long as they were tend to pass not to far apart from each other.

I don't normally double post, but on this occasion, with two threads open:

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, the eighth bell has rung, your time has passed. Now it;s time to lay at rest.

The Sailor's Psalm 107, verses 23 - 30

A treat for the IGs in the crowd?

An hour of the 41 Gun Salute - 60 second intervals

Lt Gun Batteries at The Tower, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast and (I think) Plymouth Gibraltar. RHA at Woolwich and 2 RN signal gun batteries.

Very nice, Thanks for posting Kirkhill. And rest in peace your Royal Highness.

The RN locations are, the one by the water: the Saluting Station at Portsmouth. The second, I believe, is the main concourse at Britannia Royal Naval College - but not absolutely certain.

To pick up on another thread, it is interesting to note: Army: full dress uniform, but Navy: dress uniform with personal protective gear (including ear defenders under the flash gear), even though the saluting guns are a lot safer than the artillery ones, even with blanks.

Very nice, Thanks for posting Kirkhill. And rest in peace your Royal Highness.

The RN locations are, the one by the water: the Saluting Station at Portsmouth. The second, I believe, is the main concourse at Britannia Royal Naval College - but not absolutely certain.

To pick up on another thread, it is interesting to note: Army: full dress uniform, but Navy: dress uniform with personal protective gear (including ear defenders under the flash gear), even though the saluting guns are a lot safer than the artillery ones, even with blanks.

Those little cannons sure had a big voice, though.

I wonder if a person might be able to lay hands on one for personal 'salutes'? :)

I'm guessing that we will also be observing the moment of silence next Saturday, although I don't know how many units might actually be training or operating that day.

Back