• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prince Andrew's Military Roles (Updated To Show His "Stripped" Status)

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
While Prince Andrew's stepped back from public duties (more on that here, here and here), he appears to be keeping his Canadian mil titles ....
Prince Andrew, the much-disgraced Duke of York, stepped away from public life late last month in the aftermath of a disastrous interview on the BBC. In the weeks since, organizations around the world, including the prince’s old Canadian private school, have raced to cut ties with the bungling royal. His own mother reportedly cancelled his 60th birthday party.

But the Queen’s middle son hasn’t yet lost all his official appointments. Despite his close ties to a notorious sex criminal and his own ham-fisted PR efforts, Prince Andrew remains the titular head of three Canadian military regiments, the Department of National Defence (DND) confirms.

“As is the custom, the Duke of York holds the honorary title of Colonel-in-Chief of The Princess Louise Fusiliers, The Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada and the Queen’s York Rangers,” Jessica Lamirande, a DND spokeswoman, wrote in an email.

It took a full week of questions from the National Post for the DND to confirm even that much about the scandal-plagued prince. The department refused to answer any follow up questions on the record. Todd Lane, Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan’s press secretary, meanwhile, said the minister wouldn’t comment at all beyond the department’s statement.

A government source, however, speaking on background, said Prince Andrew’s announcement that he was stepping away from public duties put the Canadian military into an unprecedented and somewhat baffling situation. No one within the department knew at first what it meant for Prince Andrew’s role within the Canadian Armed Forces. His statement, broad and vague, did not address his military roles, in Great Britain and across the Commonwealth, at all ...
More @ link

Last edited:
Blackadder1916 said:
Does HRH need an OP Honour briefing?  :tsktsk:

He should be investigated. He did have connections with Epstein.

He maybe keeping the rolls for now but this still is going to blow up.  The girl had an interview on BBC. 

Should cut ties sooner now than later. 

In most cases I would never not let a guy have the benefit of doubt. But this one is going no where good.  CAF will look bad if not seen to be doing something proactive. 

I really wish the Royal family had not be dragged into this.  I would bet everything there are much bigger fish in this whole scandal. 

Spencer100 said:
He maybe keeping the rolls for now but this still is going to blow up.  The girl had an interview on BBC. 

Should cut ties sooner now than later. 

In most cases I would never not let a guy have the benefit of doubt. But this one is going no where good.  CAF will look bad if not seen to be doing something proactive. 

I really wish the Royal family had not be dragged into this.  I would bet everything there are much bigger fish in this whole scandal.

You bet there are. There’s a few podcasts that make me wonder how a schmuck like Epstein managed to get away with his crimes. Someone high up in the food chain..... tin foil hat 🎩 time ....

Hamish Seggie said:
You bet there are. There’s a few podcasts that make me wonder how a schmuck like Epstein managed to get away with his crimes. Someone high up in the food chain..... tin foil hat 🎩 time ....

It's not a conspiracy theory to think the more rich and powerful you are the more the rules change in your favor.  That's been proven many times in history.  Generally it only gets corrected when the unwashed masses find out.

Tin foil hat time for sure....but this I thought was a very interesting read.  If you have time. I think a look at the times we live in. 

https://accordingtohoyt.com/2019/12/02/rattling-the-cage-doors/

Hamish Seggie said:

Not all that surprising.  With money, power and status comes the ability to skirt laws with impunity.

The CAF is no different really.  How many times do the higher ups have a “rules for thee, not for me” attitude and completely get away with it?

We’ve all seen time and time again where higher ranks get away with something while the peasants are smashed for doing the exact same thing.  (OP Honour stuff comes to mind during my time as an MP).  This is just LCols and up doing whatever they want......in the case of Andrew, he’s royalty so multiply his ability to do whatever a hundred fold.

Appears the CAF may have some vacant honorary positions now.

In other words...

Sad Peanuts GIF

How long before his titles and and other honours go back into the storage cupboard?

You mean Colonel-in-Cheif positions. There already were a few after the Death of the previous Duke of Edinburgh.

With the Platinum Jubilee occurring this year, we may see many of them filled sooner, rather than later.
The good thing is that his uniforms are quite large and can be taken in for other members of the family thus saving a few pounds.

🍻

Damn. That was scathing.

By "private citizen", I'm assuming he officially got told he's out of the family?
No, it means he won't be using corporate funds to defend this. All out of pocket and unable to use his royal titles.

Maybe they'll just settle out of court for "an undisclosed amount ".

Back