The "new" PLQ ("A-PLQ") was approved on 15 May 12. Structure is as follows:
PLQ-A remains 50 days in duration.
PLQ-A is now broken into four modules instead of six:
Mod 1 - distance learning, 11 days
- PO's covering leading subordinates, maintaining order and discipline, developing subordinates, enforcing physical fitness requirements, etc.
- Can be delivered full-time or part-time and is run through LFAA (English) or LFQA (Quebec)
Mod 2 - residency, 9 days
- PO's covering the practical portion of enforcing physical fitness, instructing personnel, and enforcing field and range safety
- Can be delivered part-time or full-time through units, brigades, and ATC's
- Mod 2 must be completed within 12 months of beginning Mod 1
Mods 3 and 4 - consecutive residency, 30 days ("the field portion")
- PO's covering leading subordinates, planning operations, operating in tactical environments, and conducting section-level stability ops
- PO's covering leading subordinates; and conducting enabling, offensive, and defensive ops at the section level
- "Specific serials will be identified for PRes personnel who are required, by exception, to attend Mods 3 and 4 in consecutive years."
- Mods 3 and 4 must be completed within 18 months of completing Mod 2
1 Sep 12 - LFA's begin delivering A-PLQ Mods 2-4
1 Oct 12 - distance learning opens for A-PLQ Mod 1
NLT 31 Dec 12 - all PLQ-L courses have ceased
Equivalency for pers midway through the PLQ-L mod system will be as follows:
- Pers who have completed PLQ-L Mod 2-5 DL package only will transition directly onto Mod 2 of A-PLQ
- Pers who have completed PLQ-L Mods 1-5 must complete two-day distance learning "delta trg package" before transitioning onto A-PLQ Mod 3
- Pers who have completed PLQ-L Modified mod 5 or PLQ-L Modified mods 2-5 DL followed by residency mods 1-3 will transition directly onto Mod 3 of A-PLQ
- Pers who ave completed Mod 6 part 1 of PLQ-L will not be granted equivalency for Mod 3 of A-PLQ, and will be required to complete A-PLQ Mods 3 and 4 in their entirety
- Pers who have only completed a portion of PLQ-L Mods 1-5 delivered in residency before 31 Dec 12 will be required to complete A-PLQ Mods 1-4 in their entirety.
Approved Col G.D. Corbould, Comd, 1617