• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prices of Human Trafficking Victims

J.J

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
The current rate to purchuse another human being.

VALUE in U.S. DOLLARS
Babies from Nigeria: $6,400
Babies in China: $7,800
Babies in Malaysia: $6,588
Children in China: $6,100 for boys, $500 for girls
Children in Ghana: $50 to parent, then $300 to trafficker
Children in India: $45, versus $350 for buffalo
Children in Iraq: Between $300 to $5,500
Children in Thailand: $25 typical price to "rent" a child beggar
Children in the United Kingdom: $25,000
Girls from Romania: $3,000 to $6,000
Girls in Bangladesh: $250
Person in Canada: $4,879 paid by pimp to trafficker
Teenage girls in Iraq: $5,000 for Virgins, $2.500 for Non-Virigns
Teenage girls in Ontario, Canada: $5,989 for a girl from Quebec
Woman in Pakitan: $342
Women from Mozambique: $670 from South Africa, $2 locally
Women from Myanmar: $7,300 as brides to China
Women from Nepal: $975 in Mumbai
Women from North Korea (by age): $1,066 (20s), $761 (30s), $457 (40s)
Women from Vietnam: $6,174 charged to men in Malaysia to purchase wife

http://www.havocscope.com/black-market-prices/human-trafficking-prices/

Not that I'm not horrified by the idea of this, but was there a point to your post?  Not trying to be "that" guy, but at least a little blurb on your thoughts and opinions of the subject would be helpful.

I AM ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGED!!!

What gives a British child the right to cost more than a Canadian child!?

DISCRIMINATION!! HUMAN RIGHTS TRIBUNAL!

:sarcasm:

okay I'm done

So, someone decides to bring some solid, factual, information to the membership, that pertains to some particularly distasteful parts of society, and you decide to call him out on it?

Tell me this was info you already knew. It was an eye opener to me. I knew about human trafficking, but never knew how cheap a human life was costed at.

I would ask Canadian.Trucker what experience he has in this area? Are you some sort of expert? I know the poster, you don't. He is an expert.

Should people be questioning all the posts you make? I can assure you, you have never posted anything as relevant.

Tell me something, I don't know, about driving a truck and I'll welcome the advice. I won't question you. However, I don't think you can.

If you don't know who's telling you something, don't be a close minded dick and decide, beforehand, why he's posting it.

Take the info given as part of an ongoing human education and quit asking questions.

Besides, it's Radio Chatter, apparently, explanations aren't required.

Makes me cringe as a father of a young girl.  Time to go watch Taken and keep my drills sharp....

Canadian.Trucker said:
Not that I'm not horrified by the idea of this, but was there a point to your post?  Not trying to be "that" guy, but at least a little blurb on your thoughts and opinions of the subject would be helpful.
Infanteer said:
Makes me cringe as a father of a young girl.  Time to go watch Taken and keep my drills sharp....

Get the point now C.T?

I volunteered (well, still do) for Victim Services and I had actually met with a woman who was kidnapped on vacation in Australia with her parents as a pre-teen. Somehow they ended up in Thailand, and she was sold to a drug lord where she became a drug mule for many years before she managed to escape to the Embassy.

She told me one line that forever haunted her, her captor and the receiver were arguing:

"What is this!? Look at her, look at that hair, this is not what you told me! $300 for this trash, now get out before I kill you."
They put a price on her. A price on a human life, devalues it.

To them, she was just another possession... a toss-away book bag of sorts. Unfortunately she was abused beyond comprehension and scarred beyond "repair". Only met with her twice, then she made an account of her own value, took her own life. Didn't even have a chance to get out the door to do something before it was too late. It's all very unsettling, and her case was one in particular that is a constant reminder to me of the true extent of humans.

JorgSlice said:
I volunteered (well, still do) for Victim Services and I had actually met with a woman who was kidnapped on vacation in Australia with her parents as a pre-teen. Somehow they ended up in Thailand, and she was sold to a drug lord where she became a drug mule for many years before she managed to escape to the Embassy.

She told me one line that forever haunted her, her captor and the receiver were arguing:

"What is this!? Look at her, look at that hair, this is not what you told me! $300 for this trash, now get out before I kill you."
They put a price on her. A price on a human life, devalues it.

To them, she was just another possession... a toss-away book bag of sorts. Unfortunately she was abused beyond comprehension and scarred beyond "repair". Only met with her twice, then she made an account of her own value, took her own life. Didn't even have a chance to get out the door to do something before it was too late. It's all very unsettling, and her case was one in particular that is a constant reminder to me of the true extent of humans.

And that story is so, so sad...on every level.

That's what makes the OP's post relevent.

Some may find it uncomfortable to read, or believe, or digest, or admit, or...or..., but there it is.

AND THAT'S WHY IT WAS POSTED.

Canadian.Trucker said:

You are being "that guy", but I will expand a little.

Human Trafficking has become a large problem in our global society, it is a multi-billion dollar industry worldwide. I deal with the participants of human trafficking on a regular basis and I was surprised with the values associated to other human beings. The list and attachment is self evident of the issue, it wasn't posted for a back and forth discussion, it was posted to be informative to those that may have been ignorant of human trafficking. For many members here, they have seen oversea's and have seen the root of human trafficking first hand and you can sometimes forget that it happens here.
Infanteer said:
As Infanteer I am also the father of a little girl and at times I have stayed awake thinking of some of these victims and praying to God that my little girl will never have to experience anything like this.

recceguy said:
So, someone decides to bring some solid, factual, information to the membership, that pertains to some particularly distasteful parts of society, and you decide to call him out on it?

Tell me this was info you already knew. It was an eye opener to me. I knew about human trafficking, but never knew how cheap a human life was costed at.

I would ask Canadian.Trucker what experience he has in this area? Are you some sort of expert? I know the poster, you don't. He is an expert.

Should people be questioning all the posts you make? I can assure you, you have never posted anything as relevant.

Tell me something, I don't know, about driving a truck and I'll welcome the advice. I won't question you. However, I don't think you can.

If you don't know who's telling you something, don't be a close minded dick and decide, beforehand, why he's posting it.

Take the info given as part of an ongoing human education and quit asking questions.

Besides, it's Radio Chatter, apparently, explanations aren't required.
Outstanding response.  I'll eat a little crow here and say that the way in which I framed my response was wrong and I should have simply stated I wished to see an explanation along with those numbers.  I too did not realize how large of an issue human trafficking had become, these numbers sicken me, and no, I'm not an expert in this field.  Obviously from your posts a nerve has been hit, quite possibly in part because you know the poster.

Thank you for saying my posts are irrelevant.  What else can I say?  Anything else will be picked apart like roadkill.   

As for truck driving expertise, it's just a forum name, I own a pickup truck... who cares, but I'm sure (from your post) even if I was an expert there is no way I could ever dare to know more than yourself in that area.

I'm not close minded.  I do my best to spend the majority of my time on this forum reading about other people opinions and articles so that I can expand my view of the world at large.

My education has been expanded, as I said above I had no idea how much of an issue (and how cheap human life was) human trafficking had become.

recceguy said:
Get the point now C.T?
I got the point of the post now, thanks rg.

I have a 2 year old daughter myself.  The mere fact that there are people out there that look at her as something to fetch a high dollar or use for their own gain infuriates me.  I've seen how some life is valued at little to nothing beyond our borders, and it's horrible.  The fact that someone could pay less than $100 for a life is sickening, not that paying $100,000 makes it any better.

I'll take a mea culpa moment also.

I was a tad angry when I read your initial response and it came out in my post.

I was overboard to you, and I apologise.

As long as we got the meat of the OP's message, no harm, no foul  :salute:

On another note, I can't decide if my favourite part of Taken is the look of shock in the Albanian's eyes when Liam Neeson says "You don't remember me, do you?" or if it's the look of terror in the high-priced flesh auctioneer when he realizes that Liam Neeson is to get him in the elevator.

Infanteer said:
On another note, I can't decide if my favourite part of Taken is the look of shock in the Albanian's eyes when Liam Neeson says "You don't remember me, do you?" or if it's the look of terror in the high-priced flesh auctioneer when he realizes that Liam Neeson is to get him in the elevator.
Tough call.  For me I think it's the part where he has the Albanian in the basement and says something to the effect "I need your attention" and then shoves the nails into his legs.  His explanation of how having consistent power is outstanding.

And it doesn't get any better when they're 25 and 20 years old, living in Edmonton, well out from under my wing, either.  Thanks for the eye opener, WR.

Not to stir the hornet's nest, but the post of data without discussion left me a bit puzzled too.

WR said:
The current rate to purchuse another human being.

VALUE in U.S. DOLLARS
Babies from Nigeria: $6,400
Babies in China: $7,800
Babies in Malaysia: $6,588
Children in China: $6,100 for boys, $500 for girls
Children in Ghana: $50 to parent, then $300 to trafficker
Children in India: $45, versus $350 for buffalo
Children in Iraq: Between $300 to $5,500
Children in Thailand: $25 typical price to "rent" a child beggar
Children in the United Kingdom: $25,000
Girls from Romania: $3,000 to $6,000
Girls in Bangladesh: $250
Person in Canada: $4,879 paid by pimp to trafficker
Teenage girls in Iraq: $5,000 for Virgins, $2.500 for Non-Virigns
Teenage girls in Ontario, Canada: $5,989 for a girl from Quebec
Woman in Pakitan: $342
Women from Mozambique: $670 from South Africa, $2 locally
Women from Myanmar: $7,300 as brides to China
Women from Nepal: $975 in Mumbai
Women from North Korea (by age): $1,066 (20s), $761 (30s), $457 (40s)
Women from Vietnam: $6,174 charged to men in Malaysia to purchase wife

http://www.havocscope.com/black-market-prices/human-trafficking-prices/

Human Trafficking=Bad

Open for discussion

Back