• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous Service Check Question...

Matty B.

Inactive
Reaction score
I served in the reserves as a medic when I was 17 and 18 years old (got out), and now I am a DEO applicant graduating from university in the next few months. I applied to the CF in October, and didn't have to write the aptitude test because I did well enough when I took it before university. My question is... how long should a previous service check take? I've called my recruiting centre numerous times, always hearing that it will be another week or two. It's getting pretty late here, and I have to decide soon if I go to graduate school and then join the CF or join the CF this summer or fall.

Did anyone have an experience like this? I'm going to call my recruiting centre soon to see if they can track my document whether it's in Ottawa or the 18th Med. Coy. (Thunder Bay) where I previously served. My recruiting centre is the Toronto one on Younge St. Is it supposed to take this long or is someone not doing their job?

well.... upon release from the reserves, your pers file got shipped to your area LFCA HQ in Toronto.... It and your shadow file would have been kept in Toronto for 2 or 3 years and then sent to Ottawa @ the National Archives. ... TBay has nothing to do with this.

Reliability checks, Security checks... whole bunch of things have changed since you were in.... how long have you been waitin... really?

well... let's see
mid oct thru to mid mar = 5 mths
subtract 1 mth for xmass = 4 mths

well...... from what I've seen in the past, sounds about par for the course
S/B something like 4 to 5 months.........

Keep in touch with the recruiting centre (without becoming a pest)

Good luck

G

hey bro,
    I do feel your pain here. I had 2 years infantry reserves training and 3 years reg force as a 291er. I was only out of the reg force for 8 months when I re appied. It took 9 months for them to chase down my previous service records. They use snail mail for sending the requests and get snail mail back to let them know if they found them or not. So I might be an extreme case of waiting but it does pay off. I was initially just going back in for Comms Rsch again. But with all of the waiting the CEOTP program opened and now I am going in to be an officer.
The wait is worth it, just sit down, read this site, put up a military backround on your monitor and just count the days.lol
Cheers,
Rob.

I am currently in the Reg forces since Feb 06 and i had reserve time between 1995 and 1999.  I was told when i joined last year that because i was out for more than 5 years that my reserve time in no good toward reg force time.  I have met a few people since then that were in the same boat as me and they got awarded their time.

I have since obtained my reserve Pers file from the Archives in Ottawa and brought them into my Orderly room about 4 months ago to see if they can do any thing for me and I keep getting the run around saying that they are Working with Ottawa on Creating a 1007 for my reserve time and have new information for me.  I seems like they are just brushing it off and pushing it aside.

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on being out and then rejoining and being able to use time served toward current time.

protect your rights.......... file a grievance
grievance must be filed within 6 mths from the time you have found out that you have gotten hosed.... extenuating situation with your OR working on fixing.........

File the grievance.  There is nothing stopping you from recalling your grievances in the event that the OR does come thru.

Back