• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pretty nice digs - 443 Squadron (RCN Fleet Air Arm)

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
To be opened in October of this year

Almost-Done-April-2014.jpg

RCN Fleet Air Arm???

Although I realize that the RCN ignores Naval Air as much as the RCAF does, we don't have a Fleet Air Arm.  443 belongs to 12 Wing, 1CdnAirDiv, RCAF; for better or worse.

... and from a historical perspective, 443 was never a RCN squadron.  The RCN Naval Air Helo squadron was HS-50, which was split into HS-423 (later 423(MH)) and HS-443 (later 443(MH)) in 1974. There was also HU-21 was turned into part of VT-406 in 1972 (later HT-406, then 406 (MOTS)).

Oh, and it wasn't the Fleet Air Arm, that's RN, it was the RCN Naval Air Arm.

Although I would rather be truly Naval Air, we wouldn't be any less screwed as the RCN doesn't understand Naval Air any better than the RCAF, and only really cares about hulls.

Baz said:
RCN Fleet Air Arm???

Although I realize that the RCN ignores Naval Air as much as the RCAF does, we don't have a Fleet Air Arm.  443 belongs to 12 Wing, 1CdnAirDiv, RCAF; for better or worse.

... and from a historical perspective, 443 was never a RCN squadron.  The RCN Naval Air Helo squadron was HS-50, which was split into HS-423 (later 423(MH)) and HS-443 (later 443(MH)) in 1974. There was also HU-21 was turned into part of VT-406 in 1972 (later HT-406, then 406 (MOTS)).

Oh, and it wasn't the Fleet Air Arm, that's RN, it was the RCN Naval Air Arm.

Although I would rather be truly Naval Air, we wouldn't be any less screwed as the RCN doesn't understand Naval Air any better than the RCAF, and only really cares about hulls.

RCAF  :evil: :evilrifle: :shooter2: :arid rifleman: :akimbo: :flame: :mg: :rocket: 443 MH Sqn -  :whiteflag:  :shooter: :sniper2: :fifty: RCN

Nice spot.  Now in 20 or so years they might have a new eggbeater to put in it  >:D

daftandbarmy said:
5 words, one question:
Does  It Have A Bar?

443 has their own mess, and I'm pretty sure everything is moving...

So yes (unless I'm mistaken)

I've been in it and there are no words to describe the jump from the current facilities.

I bet the coffee in the engine bay at the new hanger will not be as good as the from the old one!.....Unless you enjoy the flavor of day-old grinds ;D

Then again, I heard there is no Engine bay there, at least not MIL.

Maybe thats a good thing for me....

There is an engine bay, about 10 times the size of the old one.  I have no idea what the plan is for 2nd line engine support once we're into the new airframe, but we'll have the Sea King shop running for a while yet.

Jc066, as long as Kaz didn't put the coffee on it was okay. Guy couldn't make coffee if his life depended on it. I think Harper's was the best though.

Anyone have any idea if this new setup for 443 allows for transient aircraft support?

My understanding of the situation is that iit will be about the same as it is now- ramp space can be had, if avail, but fuel and services from the Mil contractor.

Unless they changed it from the early designs, the ramp can take up to a C-17.

AirDet said:
Jc066, as long as Kaz didn't put the coffee on it was okay. Guy couldn't make coffee if his life depended on it. I think Harper's was the best though.
Harper was always too busy with his luscious locks to really make goodcoffee....The guy who follwed Harper in there, now he made good coffee! :bowing:

Back