• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRES vs REG application question

cryco

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
There's something I'm not clear on.
I've spoken to and seen my recruiter about my application to the PRes as an engineer officer.
When I first saw him, he mentioned that there were no more positions available this year. The next time they'll have something available he said is in January, and that's fine with me. I can wait.
Here's my question:
From the many posts on these forums, I have noticed that people apply as REGs and go through all the motions, CFAT, physical etc and get merit listed if they do well. At that point, if there's no opening, they wait until the next time there's an opening available.
I haven't gone through the various steps. Is it different for the PRES? Do you have to apply for an open job? I can't do the tests and wait for the position to open  up?

thanks

cryco said:
Hello,
There's something I'm not clear on.
I've spoken to and seen my recruiter about my application to the PRes as an engineer officer.
When I first saw him, he mentioned that there were no more positions available this year. The next time they'll have something available he said is in January, and that's fine with me. I can wait.
Here's my question:
From the many posts on these forums, I have noticed that people apply as REGs and go through all the motions, CFAT, physical etc and get merit listed if they do well. At that point, if there's no opening, they wait until the next time there's an opening available.
I haven't gone through the various steps. Is it different for the PRES? Do you have to apply for an open job? I can't do the tests and wait for the position to open  up?

thanks

Yes it there is a difference. 

If you are applying for the Regular Force, then the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Center will start the process to decide if you are suitable for enrollment into the Regular Force.

If you are applying for the Primary Reserves, you must first be accepted by a Primary Reserve unit, who will then give you the documentation necessary for the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Center to start the process to decide if you are suitable for enrollment into the Reserves.  Without acceptance documentation from the Primary Reserve unit, the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiters CAN NOT start your processing.

Back