• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRES VS RCN PRL

howarda401 said:
Could anyone tell me the reference to the regulation which states that a PRL must be transferred to the primary reserve list for the duration of any class B contract.  I have been on Class B contract for a year now, and Navres is refusing to take me off of the PRL list.

Question:  Who is employing you on Class B?

Question:  What unit do/did you belong to?

You may be working on a Class B for an organization and on their PRL as opposed to being kept on strength at your "former" unit.

The PRL is a place to hold members of the Primary Reserve.  A member of a PRL can be employed on class B without having to be transferred to a unit.

Search for CF Mil Pers Instruction 20/04 - it's a foundational document on Reserve employment.  There's also A-PM-245 that details military HR procedures.

Now here is another tid bit. what if the person is not medically fit to do their trade due to a permanent med cat.  sure he can be employed in a  urban environment in the recruiting position. but can they promote him , given his high standing in nav com merit list, again he is not a nav com,

chief_of_da_fence said:
Now here is another tid bit. what if the person is not medically fit to do their trade due to a permanent med cat.  sure he can be employed in a  urban environment in the recruiting position. but can they promote him , given his hi standing in nav com merrit list, again he is not a nav com,

Sounds like you have an axe to grind (on top of the inability to spell or capitalize words properly).  Put in a redress if you feel like you should have won a competition and didn't.  The membership here has given some pretty good advice in this topic and if you search properly on putting in a redress.  I would suggest ending the personal airing dirty laundry attacks insinuations and do something.

MJP said:
Sounds like you have an axe to grind (on top of the inability to spell or capitalize words properly).  Put in a redress if you feel like you should have won a competition and didn't.  The membership here has given some pretty good advice in this topic and if you search properly on putting in a redress.  I would suggest ending the personal airing dirty laundry attacks insinuations and do something.

Thank you Sir for your constructive criticism, I have grieved it and was found to have been treated un fairly and with lack of transparency. Unfortunately , I have to correct some wrongs that happened in the two years it took administer the grievance. as for the merit listing , it does not effect me what so ever, I was of the opinion that a few PO1 nav coms might have a vested interest at what is going on. Keep in mind that the CDS in my grievance has stated that this situation has a lack of transparency. I am researching references , thank you. The sharpening of steel is a required skill of my trade.

chief_of_da_fence said:
The sharpening of steel is a required skill of my trade.

Your trade and everyone else's. Try not to feel too special.

Well I think you're now flinging shit. I also think you're patronizing the membership here with sarcasm laden "sir's" and whatnot.

Be very careful from here on out

Staff

chief_of_da_fence said:
Thank you Sir for your constructive criticism, I have grieved it and was found to have been treated un fairly and with lack of transparency.  Keep in mind that the CDS in my grievance has stated that this situation has a lack of transparency.

A tidbit you have left out all along that would help us help you.  Listen dude you came on asking a question and it got answered.  You went into partial explanation of the situation  and then you starting airing insinuations and dirty laundry.  There is a limit to what one should say on an open forum and you are quickly reaching it.  We help those that want help, but hate whiners and people who have a chip on their shoulders.

Tell ya what, how about you post the link to the grievance board decision here so we can know the full story rather than the bits and pieces you have placed here.  From there we can help you.  Or you can continue to make snide offhand patronization comments and airing dirty laundry and see how much help you get.  Your choice dude, it doesn't matter to most of us.

*Edited to fix bad copy paste job

ModlrMike said:
Just to be clear, PRes and PRL are essentially the same.

ah, necropost warning...bashing on

Mike, do you know what is involved in transferring from MPC PRL to NAV RES? I'm competing for an "Any" MOSID REO with NAV RES. Currently, as HS, I am on MPC PRL on contract (outside MOSID again) at CJOC.

Or, are you aware if a transfer is definitely required?

Cheers!

Typically, it would involve joining a specific unit in one of the standard NAVRES occupations and then being attach posted into the NAVRES billet. Perhaps transferring to the RCN PRL would be an acceptable alternative. Your saving grace is that as an HSO, your occupation doesn't exist in NAVRES, so the RCN PRL would be the logical option, as it was in my case as a PA. I, of course did not have to change uniforms.

could anyone give me a ball park time of how long it takes to be transferred to PRL after the request has been submitted? thanks!

Back