• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes NCM to Regular Logistics Officer -- Some Questions

I would hope that you have at least spoken to a BPSO?

I do not know what numbers we are looking at for this year, but i know we are very green (i.e. we have lots of people). As of at least 2 months ago, Log O is now only accepting those with "ideal" degrees.

From the PSO:

Bachelor of Arts
Accounting
Business Admin
Commerce
Economics
Finance
Food Services/ Hotel & Resort/ Restaurant/ Hospitality and Tourism Management
Human Resources Management
Industrial Relations
Nutrition
Public Administration
Transportation Management

If you want Log, you have to have one of the above, or one that you can spin acceptably into being similar enough in content.

Wook

Does anybody have any current intel ref this exact scenario?

Number of pooled applicants.  Ideal Degrees required.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the BPSO handles REG OT's only.  They have no intel on acceptances, progress of files.  D Mil C exclusively, heck even the Recruiting Centres have no intel for a Res-Reg CT.

I could use some help,

AFAIK, RegF LogO is full. At the very least, recruiting may be in single digits. I'm aware of several trained ResF LogOs who are awaiting CT and have been told not to hold their breath.

That's my situation, though I'm told my odds are better now than when I originally showed some interest.  imo the transfer process is broken, considering they are possibly choosing untrained civilians off the street over trained and operationally experienced members attempting to CT.  But then again nothing surprises me anymore!

newton123 said:
That's my situation, though I'm told my odds are better now than when I originally showed some interest.  imo the transfer process is broken, considering they are possibly choosing untrained civilians off the street over trained and operationally experienced members attempting to CT.  But then again nothing surprises me anymore!

You are not attempting to CT.  You're attempting to OT and CT at the same time; something significantly different.

You state the transfer process is broken - can you explain where and how the CT process and the AMOR process that defines the entry plans for intake each year is broken?  Do you even know what the AMOR process is?

I don't see how an OT and CT at the same time is significantly different, though I am Log O trade qualified in the reserves.  To me the main issue is a move from Res to Reg. 

My main gripe is that I initiated the process at some point in 2009, shortly before starting this thread. I received little to no support throughout the process. I shouldn't have to come to army.ca for information that ought be provided as a matter of course.  At some point between 2009 and now I have been dropped from the process without being notified.  Why?  A little digging revealed I don't have a preferred degree (which was not a hoop to jump through in 2009 but was introduced later)  I have never been told this by anyone, and e-mails and telephone calls went unanswered.  If I disregarded subordinates' communications in this manner my OC would put my feet to the fire. 

Let's say the CF hired ten DEO Log O's in each of the past five years (I have no idea of the actual number).  There are indications that many of them were individuals with no previous service, but ticked all the right boxes in terms of "relevant previous experience" and held a "preferred degree" versus my tours, obvious commitment to the CF and the Army, and Res Log O qualification.  Most companies hire internally first for obvious reasons, why is that not the case here? 

Lastly, if I don't meet the requirements for any reason, the army needs to have the integrity and directness to say so through official channels.  I applied for this transfer through official channels at my orderly room, therefore I would expect all business to happen above board and to a standard.  In my case this did not happen.  For these reasons I believe the system is broken.

newton123 said:
... I am Log O trade qualified in the reserves.  To me the main issue is a move from Res to Reg.

How so? Your previous posts indicate you're an NCM. Have things changed such that you are now a qualified LogO? If so, then you're looking solely at a CT.

The other issue to consider is that not all Res LogO training is created equal, nor equal to RegF LogO qual.

in 2009, when I made the CT/OT request, I was an inf corporal.  Over the last five years I attended courses and exercises, received my commission, and have been promoted to second lieutenant then lieutenant.  Reg Log O training is not equivalent to the res course, so that would have to be completed.  A lot happens in five years. 

Thanks, that clears things up. Just the same, keep at it. You never know what will happen.

Back