• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes FORCE Test

H

HelloMilitary

Hey,

what happens if I fail the FORCE test twice during the PRes recruitment?

Thanks

If you repeatedly fail the fitness test, you likely will not be offered a position. It’s a basic minimum standard to hit.

I’m gonna take a moment to be real here with you. I was a reservist in the infantry for 14 years; finished up as a Sergeant, led and commanded soldiers, did a modest amount of difficult and challenging stuff… I say that just to qualify my opinion as ‘informed’.

You’re looking to join the military. I don’t know what trade you’re looking at, but whether army, air force, or navy, you need at least a basic level of functional fitness. Even if you never volunteer to go to whatever third world country is tearing itself apart this year, you could find yourself slinging sandbags at a flood, helping construct firebreaks at forest fires, digging through rubble after an earthquake, or aiding civil authorities in a time of violent unrest. My point is, this is more than a job, and it can occasionally be exhausting and physically demanding. Maybe you’ll need to fight to save your own life or that of others one day, and on that day you might be fighting someone strong, fit and fast.

Don’t aim to ‘pass’ FORCE. You want to do well. It’s totally OK to struggle with some part of it or another, but overall you shouldn’t be just scraping by.

There’s no shortcut. Just do the work. Running is free. Push-ups and sit-ups require no equipment. Throw increasing weight into a backpack and go walk for increasing amounts of time. Find a playground with a bar you can hang off, and start hanging off it too you can do a pull up, then do those. If you have access to a gym, awesome. You don’t need some sort of wild program to get basic functional fitness. Get a used copy of the book ‘starting strength’ and start lifting. There’s nothing wrong starting out with no weight on the bar. If you don’t have access to a gym, figure out how you can, and google good body weight alternatives in the meantime. Learning to do basic functional lifts with good form will serve your body well regardless of whether you end up in the military or not.

Until and unless you become a truly excellent athlete, your brain will stop you before your body does because that’s how we’re wired. Decide that you’re going to bust your ass and earn this. Then go bust your ass and earn this.

Good luck!

For reference to the discussion,

Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )​

If you repeatedly fail the fitness test, you likely will not be offered a position. It’s a basic minimum standard to hit.

I’m gonna take a moment to be real here with you. I was a reservist in the infantry for 14 years; finished up as a Sergeant, led and commanded soldiers, did a modest amount of difficult and challenging stuff… I say that just to qualify my opinion as ‘informed’.

You’re looking to join the military. I don’t know what trade you’re looking at, but whether army, air force, or navy, you need at least a basic level of functional fitness. Even if you never volunteer to go to whatever third world country is tearing itself apart this year, you could find yourself slinging sandbags at a flood, helping construct firebreaks at forest fires, digging through rubble after an earthquake, or aiding civil authorities in a time of violent unrest. My point is, this is more than a job, and it can occasionally be exhausting and physically demanding. Maybe you’ll need to fight to save your own life or that of others one day, and on that day you might be fighting someone strong, fit and fast.

Don’t aim to ‘pass’ FORCE. You want to do well. It’s totally OK to struggle with some part of it or another, but overall you shouldn’t be just scraping by.

There’s no shortcut. Just do the work. Running is free. Push-ups and sit-ups require no equipment. Throw increasing weight into a backpack and go walk for increasing amounts of time. Find a playground with a bar you can hang off, and start hanging off it too you can do a pull up, then do those. If you have access to a gym, awesome. You don’t need some sort of wild program to get basic functional fitness. Get a used copy of the book ‘starting strength’ and start lifting. There’s nothing wrong starting out with no weight on the bar. If you don’t have access to a gym, figure out how you can, and google good body weight alternatives in the meantime. Learning to do basic functional lifts with good form will serve your body well regardless of whether you end up in the military or not.

Until and unless you become a truly excellent athlete, your brain will stop you before your body does because that’s how we’re wired. Decide that you’re going to bust your ass and earn this. Then go bust your ass and earn this.

Good luck!
I passed it once and that was like 2 years ago. I don't know how I wasn't able to pass it this time. I started weightlifting and running hopefully I do well this time.

Back