• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pre res. BMQ Questions?

Murphy709

Inactive
Reaction score
I've recently been enrolled in the Inf. Reserves and was planning to stick with the reserves for a few years and try for a CT to RegF. I have not completed my Res BMQ yet as it is in February, but basically my question is, is it to late to switch and go RegF? Would I have to re-do the whole application process? I hate to be a pain, although it's what I want to do. Instead of switching later I made the decision id like to go reg right off the go. I guess you could say I should have thought about this a bit more before hand. Any help/experience or answers is greatly appreciated. Also my first post on the forums so please forgive me if this is not the spot to ask. Cheers.

Good day,

As you are already enrolled into the primary reserve force you would have to release from the primary reserve and then after the minimum wait period submit a new online application to join the Regular force.

Voluntary release 4C

Eligible to reapply subject to meeting all recruiting standards. CAF (Canadian Armed Forces) members who released voluntarily under item 4C prior to reaching OFP (Operational Functional Point) may be approved for re-enrolment at the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Center Commanding Officers discretion only after a period of one year from the date of their release.

Back