• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Post service Relocation

Mediman14

Inactive
Reaction score
When I was medically released in late 2019, there was a five year period to move. Is it still the same period of time for that “free move”? Did the rules change?

In 2019, your entitlement to a relocation is dictated by the CFIRP which was in force at that time.

That would be the first place to check.

Note that a retirement move has different entitlements and benefits that a regular CAF relocation, read the rules carefully.

When I was medically released in late 2019, there was a five year period to move. Is it still the same period of time for that “free move”? Did the rules change?

14.2.05 IPR move time limits​

1. Initial Time Limit
    Unless otherwise provided in this Chapter, only expenses related to the relocation to the IPR that are incurred within two years after the date of release or transfer are eligible for reimbursement. This initial time limit shall be extended when CAFRD subsections 14.2.06 and 14.2.07 apply.
  2. Time Limit Extension
    The DCBA may grant an extension to the time limit at paragraph (1) for a period of up to one additional yearif he or she determines that any of the following circumstances prevent the member from moving to the IPR within that time limit:
    1. an illness of or injury to the member or the member’s dependant;
    2. the vocational rehabilitation or vocational training undertaken by the member;
    3. the completion of an educational program by the member or the member’s dependant; or
    4. any other justifiable and reasonable circumstance that delays the move to the IPR.
  3. An extension granted under paragraph (2) begins on the day after the day on which the time limit at paragraph (1) ends.
  4. Time Limit – Second Extension – Compelling Reasons
    The Chief of Military Personnel personally may grant a further extension to the cumulative time limit at paragraphs (1) and (2) for a period of up to three years if he or she determines that there are particularly compelling reasonsthat prevent the member from moving to the IPR and that relate to:
    1. an illness of or injury to the member or the member’s dependant and confirmed in writing by a medical doctor; or
    2. an unusual, undeserved or disproportionate hardship for the member that is beyond the member’s control.
  5. An extension under paragraph (4) shall be granted only if the member submits his or her request for an extension through DCBA to the Chief of Military Personnel before the end of the extension granted under paragraph (2).
    (see also QR&O 209.25 (Time Limit))

The 2019 version (essentially says the same)

Thank you,
So I guess I was basically led down the wrong path! I do remember signing a extension but I can't find it. I asked the release section (the same section I released from ). Just waiting to hear back if they have it somewhere. I maybe up shit creek without a paddle and having to pay out of pocket. Lawyers fees can't be cheap.

The big ticket item on most relocations is real estate fees on the same of the house - usually (in Ontario) 5% of the price of the house, plus tax.

Back