• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible Changing of Roles for JTF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggoals2bdone

Inactive
Reaction score
I may be out of my lane here, or not be able to get a straight answer due to OPSEC or lack of pers with knowledge, but i'll give'r anyways.

Suffice to say i've heard scuttle-butt (i know don't listen to rumours) that JTF2 will be changing roles and only doing domestic stuff, and that CSOR will be the only SOF to be working abroad...now this sounds completely out to lunch to me, but my sources are fairly good but not ironclad. 

My understanding is that JTF2 operates everywhere/anywhere and that we just don't hear about the missions.  I am not looking for actual ops info or anything, just trying to find some truth somewhere, should I ever attempt to work for either i'd know what i'd be getting into.

Thanks in advance

Both units have listed on their websites that they are capable of Counter-Terrorism missions. I have a feeling that whatever they are doing now works, and won't be changed.

MrBlue said:
I may be out of my lane here, or not be able to get a straight answer due to OPSEC or lack of pers with knowledge, but i'll give'r anyways.

Suffice to say i've heard scuttle-butt (i know don't listen to rumours) that JTF2 will be changing roles and only doing domestic stuff, and that CSOR will be the only SOF to be working abroad...now this sounds completely out to lunch to me, but my sources are fairly good but not ironclad. 

My understanding is that JTF2 operates everywhere/anywhere and that we just don't hear about the missions.  I am not looking for actual ops info or anything, just trying to find some truth somewhere, should I ever attempt to work for either i'd know what i'd be getting into.

Thanks in advance

No one is going to say anything about the role(s) of JTF2 unless the government does first.

Our policy about posting rumour, without some solid authentication, is also pretty clear. Don't do it again.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back