• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird_Gunner45 said:
That's not a nice thing to say about Rex Murphy... sure,  he's old and out of touch and makes lots of unsubstantiated claims, but....

If only it was Rex, someone worthy of my respect, l was speaking of.  Sadly, for you, it was your hero I was thinking of.

Sure would like me some of that non-legislation signing golfers tax breaks. Buy me sum guns n groceries.

Instead my taxes are buying a bunch of murderers and rapists some poetry classes and welfare.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
I never mentioned Trudeau though, unless you mean the other trust fund turned champion of the middle class, Donald J. Trump who spends a ton of time golfing and not signing legislation.

Your championing of the left is blending together, this is the Canadian politics thread.

jollyjacktar said:
If only it was Rex, someone worthy of my respect, l was speaking of.  Sadly, for you, it was your hero I was thinking of.

My hero? I defy you to find a post where I deify Trudeau or even give him more than Luke warm support on specific issues. Because I disagree with poorly thought out proposals by the CPC doesn't mean I support Trudeau. Same as because I think Trump's an idiot doesn't mean I supported Obama or Clinton.

If you need to see someone who blindly follows people than a mirror is what you're looking for.

PuckChaser said:
Your championing of the left is blending together, this is the Canadian politics thread.

Where do  champion the left specifcally? I agree with some left and some right proposals

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Quite right. An educated out of touch old guy.

As many note, education doesn't always equal intelligence, though I don't think rex is stupid. Just out of touch in general. More like the grumpy old guy that yells at kids on his lawn.

Out of touch- in what way?

Please, be specific. I will wait.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Where do  champion the left specifcally? I agree with some left and some right proposals
Being a moderate or centrist is the worst place to be.

You get attacked by both sides. Have fun, wear a helmet.

Altair said:
Being a moderate or centrist is the worst place to be.

You get attacked by both sides. Have fun, wear a helmet.

Bullshit. Birdgunner is the one who implied that anyone who is not a Trudeau fanboy, is therefore, automatically, a Trump fanboy.

That is not particularly centrist behaviour.

He is earned the dogpile, fair and square.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
My hero? I defy you to find a post where I deify Trudeau or even give him more than Luke warm support on specific issues. Because I disagree with poorly thought out proposals by the CPC doesn't mean I support Trudeau. Same as because I think Trump's an idiot doesn't mean I supported Obama or Clinton.

If you need to see someone who blindly follows people than a mirror is what you're looking for.

I think you protest too much. 

BG45
....... Donald J. Trump who spends a ton of time golfing and not signing legislation.

Golfing, I believe 60 games so far including http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/29/trump-spends-friday-golfing-with-coast-guard-video/
closing Mar-A-Lago on Friday to golf and lunch with 60 Coasties.

Not signing legislation. BS. You just threw crap out without substantiation.

Yeah, I know topic is Cdn politics. I just wish Trump would kick Trudeau in the ass and tell him to start defending Canada immediately as the US will only do whats necessary to protect the US.

:waiting:

You guys need to go to a New Years party or something....

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Not incorrect. Theres something to be said for knowing the basics of confkic of interst laws too.

I never mentioned Trudeau though, unless you mean the other trust fund turned champion of the middle class, Donald J. Trump who spends a ton of time golfing and not signing legislation.

You loose debates in support of the Canadian left when your go too retort is a foreign president. 

It reminds me of Canadian Anti gunners using American stats to support Canadian beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back