• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Political Correctness

Political Correctness is every level of government releasing statements claiming; that a series of pipe bombs are "internationally" but not Islamic terrorist and unrelated despite being all made the same, within minutes of the bombs going off and before any evidence was looked at.  We have lost the war on terror. 

I always felt the popularity of Trump was the natural response to how far left the 'political correctness' has gone.

People are just sick of it. Calling people racist, sexist, etc as a counter argument to any disagreement has gone to far. Its hamstrung so much intelligent debate.

There was an outcry in my city recently because there were some sexual assaults by cabbies and the perp was identified as east Indian. The various groups that can be labeled 'east indian' came out and cried foul because the media was using the 'east indian' label.  Saying it was giving a bad impression of various ethnic groups. No it was giving a description of a perp who was at large.

This is the idiocy we have to deal with today.

gryphonv said:
I always felt the popularity of Trump was the natural response to how far left the 'political correctness' has gone.

People are just sick of it. Calling people racist, sexist, etc as a counter argument to any disagreement has gone to far. Its hamstrung so much intelligent debate.

There was an outcry in my city recently because there were some sexual assaults by cabbies and the perp was identified as east Indian. The various groups that can be labeled 'east indian' came out and cried foul because the media was using the 'east indian' label.  Saying it was giving a bad impression of various ethnic groups. No it was giving a description of a perp who was at large.

This is the idiocy we have to deal with today.

I know I am tired. I am weekly a racist (disagreeing with any white progressive), NAZI Fascist (disagreeing with any NDP or Liberal), Jew lover (disagreeing with any non Jewish Middle Easterner), half breed (disagreeing with any First Nations after they call me racist and I explain my blood line to them).  It's tough to be a Racist, Nazi fascist, Jew loving, half breed in a multicultural society!

Lightguns said:
I know I am tired. I am weekly a racist (disagreeing with any white progressive), NAZI Fascist (disagreeing with any NDP or Liberal), Jew lover (disagreeing with any non Jewish Middle Easterner), half breed (disagreeing with any First Nations after they call me racist and I explain my blood line to them).  It's tough to be a Racist, Nazi fascist, Jew loving, half breed in a multicultural society!

Sounds like we have a similar situation. [:)

Lightguns said:
... Jew lover/Zionist (disagreeing with any non Jewish Middle Easterner or liberal) ...
FTFY  ;D
Lightguns said:
... half breed (disagreeing with any First Nations after they call me racist and I explain my blood line to them) ...
Now THAT sounds like it could be an interesting conversation ...

Not sure if this belongs here, but I'll toss it in.

Was in a lecture today and the professor brought up the 'Sovereign Citizen' movement stating that it is the most dangerous group to the existence of the United States. He also stated that they are very much linked with the KKK. Apparently all this information came from the FBI's website (I did some searching and couldn't find it). After looking into the group a bit more in-depth than just the Oregon Standoff it seems that the movement focuses most of it's effort on tax fraud. There are members who are currently serving time for murder (mainly Police Officers), but the vast majority of charges relate to monetary fraud of various sorts.

I found it interesting that nothing about the Islamic terrorist threat was brought up, nor the extremists of BLM group (or has the majority of the leaders of that group been labelled extremists at this point?).

Flavus101 said:
Not sure if this belongs here, but I'll toss it in.

Was in a lecture today and the professor brought up the 'Sovereign Citizen' movement stating that it is the most dangerous group to the existence of the United States. He also stated that they are very much linked with the KKK. Apparently all this information came from the FBI's website (I did some searching and couldn't find it). After looking into the group a bit more in-depth than just the Oregon Standoff it seems that the movement focuses most of it's effort on tax fraud. There are members who are currently serving time for murder (mainly Police Officers), but the vast majority of charges relate to monetary fraud of various sorts.

I found it interesting that nothing about the Islamic terrorist threat was brought up, nor the extremists of BLM group (or has the majority of the leaders of that group been labelled extremists at this point?).

The RCMP once had a whole task force dedicated to these guys, they were interviewed on CBC, Fifth Estate.  There was also the usual propaganda on CBC about them; claimed links to skin heads, KKK, and, "gasp" gun owners.  I seem to recall besides tax fraud, and silly paper work, they have been caught for driving without a license and pooping on the floors of trapper cabins.  Heck, by those standards, half of rural NB are "Freemen on the Land"!

I was wondering if these types of assholes were the one's responsible this time, not surprised that it's the usual assholes however...

I used to deal with the placer miners in the Yukon (and hand loggers on the coast), when you get way out in the back country, you are dealing with the real “freemen”, for the most part they wanted to be left alone and generally being friendly and respectfully worked for most of them. Trying to be to bureaucratic usually caused things to go sour. I found being adaptable to their situation and working with what they had would be the solution. Most were problem solvers, so give them a puzzle to solve and they would do it, especially if it meant the government would go away and leave them alone for awhile.

These other ones are generally freeloaders that will use any excuse to avoid paying for anything and will make alliances with anyone that might give them stuff

John Clese has some thoughts on political correctness in this Daily Mail article from Feb 2016.

Some quotes:

I’ve been warned recently not to go to university campuses because political correctness has been taken from being a good idea, from "lets not be mean particularly to people who are not able to look after themselves very well", to the point where any kind of criticism of any kind of individual or group can be labelled cruel.

He then quotes psychologist Robin Skynner, saying: 'If people cant control their own emotions then they need to start controlling other people’s behaviour,'...

Lightguns said:
The RCMP once had a whole task force dedicated to these guys, they were interviewed on CBC, Fifth Estate.  There was also the usual propaganda on CBC about them; claimed links to skin heads, KKK, and, "gasp" gun owners.  I seem to recall besides tax fraud, and silly paper work, they have been caught for driving without a license and pooping on the floors of trapper cabins.  Heck, by those standards, half of rural NB are "Freemen on the Land"!

There was a hallmark decision coming out of Alberta during a divorce case where the husband was trying some of the "Freeman on the Land" nonsense. The judge wrote a 185 page decision which explored the movement in detail and eviscerated it.  For anyone interested, it is here:

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

:cheers:

I used to be pretty interested in the sovereign citizen movement, mainly how anyone could be dumb enough to buy into it. Apparently there are guys making big bucks off of bilking desperate folks out of their last savings, in return for useless "legal tricks" that will get you charged at very best. These same snake-oil salesmen tend to die in shoot-outs with police.

Not as dangerous as, say, IS or the KKK or a crowd of angry Trump supporters, but definitely ruthless parasites on the edge of our society, and a threat not many people know about.

ZeiGezunt said:
I used to be pretty interested in the sovereign citizen movement, mainly how anyone could be dumb enough to buy into it. Apparently there are guys making big bucks off of bilking desperate folks out of their last savings, in return for useless "legal tricks" that will get you charged at very best. These same snake-oil salesmen tend to die in shoot-outs with police.

Not as dangerous as, say, IS or the KKK or a crowd of angry Trump supporters, but definitely ruthless parasites on the edge of our society, and a threat not many people know about.

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

>a crowd of angry Trump supporters

That's so cute.  I'd be more worried about a crowd of angry Obama/Clinton supporters.  They're the ones typically found rioting and destroying things.

::)

How stupid are people getting?
Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

British Army under fire for 'racist' tweet that showed a soldier with black face-paint
Sam Dean
19 OCTOBER 2016 • 11:58AM
The British Army has apologised after posting an image of a soldier with a “blacked up” face on social media.

The image, published on the Army’s official Twitter account, showed a soldier wearing black face-paint as part of his camouflage in a jungle.

The tweet, which was swiftly deleted, was described as “stupid” and “racist” by outraged social media users, while anti-racism campaigners said the force should feel "embarrassed".

An Army spokesman later said they could see how the tweet "may have been misinterpreted" and apologised.

The image was captioned with the words: “Being a soldier in the jungle requires a robust sense of humour”.

Furious Twitter users have claimed that the reference to humour is “clearly” related to the soldier’s face paint, with one, Grace Petrie, writing: “The blackface combined with the ‘sense of humour’ line, it all comes off as pretty racist.

“The caption is definitely bad. There’s nothing else the ‘sense of humour’ could obviously refer to."

One user said he detests “the idea of non-white people fighting for a country that sees their skin colour as something to joke about” while another, Tenney Naumer, simply asked: “Are you completely stupid?”

A spokesman for the anti-racism campaign group HOPE not hate told the Telegraph: "With hindsight, it should have been obvious this photo and that caption were bound to cause problems.

"Whoever manages social media at the British Army has egg on their face and should feel rightly embarrassed.

"As an employer seeking to improve its diversity intake, the Army has got to hold itself to the highest standards. How this passed an internal check is hard to imagine."

However, another user added: “I am really disappointed that you deleted that tweet. The army should be made of strong stuff, not caving in like that”.

A video of the soldiers from the Irish guards wearing similar camouflage while on exercise in Belize was also posted to the British Army’s Facebook page on Wednesday morning.

It is the latest in a series of “blackface” controversies in recent months.

In August, one of the UK’s biggest folk festivals, the Shrewsbury Folk Festival, banned Morris dancers from performing with black paint on their faces after receiving complaints that the 500-year-old tradition was racist.

An Australian mother recently received death threats after painting her son’s face black and giving him a dreadlock wig as a tribute to Australian Football League star Nic Naitanui, while earlier this month two students were suspended from an American college over an online video showed a student with a “blacked up” face mocking the Black Lives Matter movement.

An Army spokesman said: "The content of the tweet shows a picture of a soldier wearing camouflage and concealment measures, standard for jungle training in Belize.

"We can see how the tweet may have been misinterpreted, have immediately removed it and apologise for any offence it may have caused."

Photos and more on LINK.

Wonder what complaints would be lodged by these people if they were to witness miners exiting a Coal Mine.

As long as he doesn't go down on one knee and start singing "Mammy", what's the problem?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ

George Wallace said:
Wonder what complaints would be lodged by these people if they were to witness miners exiting a Coal Mine.

Miner ( And that's with a breathing mask! Can you imagine how they looked in the old days? )

I remember how some of the old time back-step firemen used to look coming out of a fire. No mask. Just a Haligan bar in one hand, and a cigarette in the other! :)

Attachments

• miner.jpg
    miner.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 123
Brad Sallows said:
>a crowd of angry Trump supporters

That's so cute.  I'd be more worried about a crowd of angry Obama/Clinton supporters.  They're the ones typically found rioting and destroying things.

and you are right to be worried.
https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/undercover-video-shows-democrat-operatives-admitting-they-incited-violence-at-trump-rallies

Armed forces veterans are told not to visit First World War memorial in uniform because they would be 'promoting war'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3859188/Armed-forces-veterans-told-not-visit-World-War-memorial-uniform-promoting-war.html

Armed forces veterans were told not to visit a memorial in uniform because they were 'promoting war'.

- Shyte like this pops up every, even in Canada, it seems.  Starting early in the UK though...

Sounds like one of the volunteers was mistaken,

'We are deeply concerned at reports that some former soldiers visiting the Weeping Window artwork at Caernarfon Castle over recent days, may have been given the impression that wearing military uniforms around it was in some way discouraged.

'This is absolutely not our policy. We strongly regret if this impression has been given, and apologise unreservedly to any visitors who may have felt this.

'We are investigating how this may have come about. The artwork is designed to commemorate the sacrifice of those who gave their lives for peace and freedom, and no one would seek to place any conditions on those attending.

'We hope that as many former and serving servicemen and women as possible will visit the work between now and November 20 - and they will be warmly welcomed.'

There is usually some ripple in the news around here about Nov 11 glorifying war; and then the white poppy brigade will rear their ugly heads...

Its all rather routine now

Back