• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Policy on Clickers?

gt102

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase a few pair of these lil' suckers (The SNCO's at my corp have been looking into getting these)

ed_1_b.jpg

I doubt you'll be allowed to keep them.  Safety hazard...and if your Officers are doing their job... cadets is all about safety.

PV

As a follow up, you may be interested in this.  **Note** this is the Air CATO's however Army is more than likely the same.

http://cadets.ca/_docs/cato-oaic/5504_b.pdf

regards

PV

It has already been approved by our RSM and I assume (and hope) he ran it by the CO so... *shrugs shoulders*

When I was a young(er) cadet my SNCO's had the "Clickers" and the effect was pretty impressive

edit: anyways still.. anyone know where I can purchase these?

Again, i am sure "it's done" just given you a heads up from a supervisors perspective.  I would make sure your Chief ran it by the Brass first - before you go out and drop the cash.

good luck

PV

Like larry said you should be able to get them at a decent shoe repair place.  When we got ours for the RMC colour party we went to the same place I got vibrams for my combat boots.

PViddy said:
Again, i am sure "it's done" just given you a heads up from a supervisors perspective.  I would make sure your Chief ran it by the Brass first - before you go out and drop the cash.

good luck

PV

sorry to interject, but what have you supervised as an officer cadet?

The clickers, have been something in use in our regiment for years.  The only restraint being, us cheap mopes who would not go out and spend our beer money on a set.

just an observation, from what I read in your profile.

dileas

tess

Go to the Shoemaker and get it done. They are not illegal in the Forces, just restricted in some areas like aircraft aprons, TDM's and bulk fuel storage, etc. If your in the Army Cadets and your just using them on parades, you should be good to go. I've had them on my boots through my forty odd year carreer, from Cadets til now, and still use them.

sorry to interject, but what have you supervised as an officer cadet?

The clickers, have been something in use in our regiment for years.  The only restraint being, us cheap mopes who would not go out and spend our beer money on a set.

just an observation, from what I read in your profile.

dileas

tess

Well, let me break it down for you.  As an Officer, albeit a subordinate one till i receive my commission, i am in a supervisory position every time i am at my LHQ with cadets.  In prior threads we have talked about how everyone has a job in the CF-that's mine.  So i guess your answer is....lot's

cheers

PV

PViddy said:
Well, let me break it down for you.   As an Officer, albeit a subordinate one till i receive my commission, i am in a supervisory position every time i am at my LHQ with cadets.   In prior threads we have talked about how everyone has a job in the CF-that's mine.   So i guess your answer is....lot's

cheers

PV

Just reading your response above and I see you need more experience.  I hope that you have garnered some experience and knowledge from some of the responses on this topic and walk away the better.

okay... so as far as it goes, most shoe repair places should do it..correct?

how much is the ballpark price of this? 20-30?

The Crowe said:
okay... so as far as it goes, most shoe repair places should do it..correct?

how much is the ballpark price of this? 20-30?

I would say that is accurate.  Some places still have the "horseshoe" clickers, too, but they are not as loud or distinctive as the simple taps.

Michael Dorosh said:
I would say that is accurate.   Some places still have the "horseshoe" clickers, too, but they are not as loud or distinctive as the simple taps.

thanks for the help!

Thanks to all of you :)

PViddy said:
Again, i am sure "it's done" just given you a heads up from a supervisors perspective.   I would make sure your Chief ran it by the Brass first - before you go out and drop the cash.

That's very good advice.  While I don't see anything in the Army Cadet dress regs against them, they are forbidden in the air cadet dress regs.  It's worth noting that the air cadet dress regs were last revised in March, and I believe the other two elements will follow shortly.  (The revision to the sea cadet dress regs is out to the regions for comments now.)  While they may be permitted today, they may not be in a matter of months, so it could be a bit of a waste of money to have them installed.

PViddy said:
I doubt you'll be allowed to keep them.   Safety hazard...and if your Officers are doing their job... cadets is all about safety.

Apart from sparks (and consequent fires) when working around fuel (something not usually done in one's parade boots), what is the safety hazard with these things -- slipping?

I would think that would be the big one. But they sure do sound nice when you have a big parade ;D

That's what i was thinking of when i posted, a slipping hazard..."Cadet breaks hip in Santa Claus parade blah blah" LOL sparks, now that's a lot of drill, although maybe you could use magnesium...sure would look cool when marching in slow time  ;D

PV

From my experience with cleats, they don't raise a lot of sparks. They used to be standard issue in the forces at one time, if memory serves me right I had a pair of ankle boot and Oxford's that were double soled and had cleats on. After we were issued with them in Cornwallis, they were taken to the base shoe shop or farmed out and came back like that. I don't recall any fires starting or anyone falling from them.

Back