• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PM Chretein did all right by us

Crantor said:
Hmn.  How many lives has he risked by cancelling the EH-101?

Risk!  Chretien didn't "risk" killing anyone.  In my opinion, that bastard actually did kill people by cancelling the EH-101, including a man I knew and admired.  As far as I'm concerned, Chretien's hands are soaked in blood and I will never forgive him.

Maj Wally Sweetman RIP.  :salute:

PS:  as for WMD in Iraq, just because an inspection team didn't find anything after telling everyone, well in advance, that they were coming and exactly where they were going to look, didn't find anything, doesn't mean they weren't there.  Chemical weapons (Saddam's favourite) are especially easy to hide.

cupper said:
Apparently they stopped teaching about the October Crisis and Trudeau's invocation of the War Measures Act in schools since I was a kid. :facepalm:

It's definitely a Liberal cover-up at the highest levels. :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Invoking War Measures was one thing, but when the opportunity presented itself in Montreal to cut the head of the FLQ dragon, Trudeau gave them a day pass to sunny Cuba instead. 

fraserdw said:
Invoking War Measures was one thing, but when the opportunity presented itself in Montreal to cut the head of the FLQ dragon, Trudeau gave them a day pass to sunny Cuba instead. 

He was a thinker ahead of his time. Just think of him a 60's era George Bush, sending terrorists to an all expenses paid trip to Cuba. ;D

Let's stick to the subject, shall we?

It's not Trudeau.

Milnet.ca Staff

Pusser said:
Risk!  Chretien didn't "risk" killing anyone.  In my opinion, that ******* actually did kill people by cancelling the EH-101, including a man I knew and admired.  As far as I'm concerned, Chretien's hands are soaked in blood and I will never forgive him.

Maj Wally Sweetman RIP.  :salute:

I have, somewhere in my dusty archives, a newspaper clipping of an article by Michael Harris of the Ottawa Sun.
In it, he tells of an incident where Canadian and US warships were on an exercise together. Mr Cretien had been flown out to an American aircraft carrier where he was supposed to have been picked up by a Sea King from a Canadian frigate and flown to that ship for dinner.
Mr Cretien sent the Sea King back to the ship empty and flew out shortly after on an American Seahawk.

IIRC, the officer in charge of the Sea King det refused to attend the dinner.

Perhaps someone here remembers this incident ?

(it also begs the question, how did he get off the frigate? -the article never said) 

recceguy said:
Let's stick to the subject, shall we?

It's not Trudeau.

Milnet.ca Staff

Roger that, sometimes it is hard to separate a Sidious from his Sith Lord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sith

Bass ackwards said:
I have, somewhere in my dusty archives, a newspaper clipping of an article by Michael Harris of the Ottawa Sun.
In it, he tells of an incident where Canadian and US warships were on an exercise together. Mr Cretien had been flown out to an American aircraft carrier where he was supposed to have been picked up by a Sea King from a Canadian frigate and flown to that ship for dinner.
Mr Cretien sent the Sea King back to the ship empty and flew out shortly after on an American Seahawk.

IIRC, the officer in charge of the Sea King det refused to attend the dinner.

Perhaps someone here remembers this incident ?

(it also begs the question, how did he get off the frigate? -the article never said)

I remember that. Was that in 93 or so?

I think 95-ish.
I'm sure it could be dug up with enough searching but I'm feeling lazy right now.

Bass ackwards said:
I think 95-ish.
I'm sure it could be dug up with enough searching but I'm feeling lazy right now.
I've less to do right now, so here it is...

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=294444

Not sure how accurate this source is, but it provides enough detail that someone with even more time than I could easily fact-check it.
i'm not Harper's biggest fan by any means, but the guy is a cross between Ghandi and Winston Churchill when compared to that dirtbag Cretin.

I remember back in those days.  We used to laugh as we were told that His Highness was not allowed to fly ala SeaThing as it was not considered safe enough for him, but Mary Clancy was strapped into the back of one and flown around the local area for a publicity affair.  At that time she was not necessarily the darling of the troops here in town and we, (at least my gang of peeps), privately hoped she would fall out the back during the ride.  (We were told of the no fly zone info by members who were on the ASO team of the time).

exabedtech said:
I've less to do right now, so here it is...

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=294444

Not sure how accurate this source is, but it provides enough detail that someone with even more time than I could easily fact-check it.
i'm not Harper's biggest fan by any means, but the guy is a cross between Ghandi and Winston Churchill when compared to that dirtbag Cretin.

Took the words right out of my mouth  ;D

Pretty sure we all just got trolled, the OP left the topic after about 3 replies...

PuckChaser said:
Pretty sure we all just got trolled, the OP left the topic after about 3 replies...
No doubt... Even his mom wouldn't say that he 'did alright by us'.
Maybe we need a thread like "the LSVW was the most thought out and prudent purchase ever made by DND"

exabedtech said:
Maybe we need a thread like "the LSVW was the most thought out and prudent purchase ever made by DND"

Well what's stopping us?  ;)  >:D

The Loud Squeaky Vehicle Wheeled. What a tale of woe that is.

PuckChaser said:

Nope you didn't get trolled. The point I was trying to make was overlooked by everyone else because I  used Chretien to make a point.

My point was very simple, the person whose testimony was used by the White House to claim an issue of WMD justified the invasion of Iraq was a liar, his testimony which Colin Powell used to justify the invasion was a complete lie.

Ther were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, the US invaded Iraq based upon a lie, then they started saying it was a question of deposing a despot.  BS if they wanted to despose a despot, why did they supply him with weapons etc to keep him in power,

Once again my info did not come from the CBC it was from Military.com.

The invasion of Iraq was not a just war, it was based upon one person's lie and a government's willingness to grasp at anything to justify their desire to invade and use Iraq's oil resources to pay for it.

PM Chretien is obviously disliked by the members of this forum because of his cutbacks and policies, however regardless of why he did it, he kept the Canadian Forces from taking part in an injust war. Canadian troops as a body, were not sent to kill and be killed in an unjust war. Let's call the Iraq war what it really was a looting expedition.

Iraq war is a dead issue. We didn't have the troops and equipment to put into 2 theatres, thanks to Chretien. However, if Chretien wanted us to go (AKA it got him votes) we'd have been in there in a heartbeat driving the Iltis into Fallujah.

I call BS SherH2A. We are being trolled. No one can be this blind to all the direct anecdotal response to the original post.

SherH2A said:
Canadian troops as a body, were not sent to kill and be killed in an unjust war. Let's call the Iraq war what it really was a looting expedition.

No trolling there....... ::)

SherH2A said:
Ther were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, the US invaded Iraq based upon a lie, then they started saying it was a question of deposing a despot. 

And what proof do you offer that he was lying?  The fact that a well-announced inspection team that was limited in where it was allowed to look, didn't find anything (big surprise there) proves nothing.  As I said before, chemical WMDs are exceptionally easy to hide, especially when you're allowed to say "don't look in there" or told exactly where the inspectors are going to look.  What is not so easy to hide is solid proof that Saddam Hussein did have them and did use them both against his own people (Kurds) and his enemies (Iran).

In short, Saddam had them in the past and proved that he was willing to use them.  The idea that he might use them again is not unreasonable.

Back