• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PM back from his holidays.

Retired AF Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like the PM and family have had enough fun in the sun and are heading back to Ottawa.

Attachments

• CFC1.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 127
With the hours any PM works, I'm not going to begrudge them their vacation time - interrupted, as it frequently is, with dealing with work stuff. 'vacation' for a PM is not a state of affairs that resembles the sort of vacations we take. With everything that can be levied as legitimate criticism at him (or at any PM for that matter) the angst over his occasional bits of time off has always seemed silly to me.

Maybe he'll make some time now to visit our troops in Iraq.  ;D

Brihard said:
With the hours any PM works, I'm not going to begrudge them their vacation time - interrupted, as it frequently is, with dealing with work stuff. 'vacation' for a PM is not a state of affairs that resembles the sort of vacations we take. With everything that can be levied as legitimate criticism at him (or at any PM for that matter) the angst over his occasional bits of time off has always seemed silly to me.

Totally agree with you; the PM and his family deserve to go off on holidays and enjoy themselves. Mind you two weeks in Costa Rica paid by the taxpayers is not to shabby.

Retired AF Guy said:
Totally agree with you; the PM and his family deserve to go off on holidays and enjoy themselves. Mind you two weeks in Costa Rica paid by the taxpayers is not to shabby.

PM pays for his own accommodation.  PM reimburses the crown for the commercial cost of any personal air travel.  So the PM pays the same that any other person would pay, out of pocket, for vacations.

The incremental costs forced by the office (RCMP security requirements including CAF aircraft, secure communications etc) are not paid by the PM.

dapaterson said:
PM pays for his own accommodation.  PM reimburses the crown for the commercial cost of any personal air travel.  So the PM pays the same that any other person would pay, out of pocket, for vacations.

The incremental costs forced by the office (RCMP security requirements including CAF aircraft, secure communications etc) are not paid by the PM.
He can’t or won’t pay for his own nanny you really think he pays his hotel bill?

dapaterson said:

Does he buy carbon offsets for the multiple private jet flights to Costa Rica? Or is only for us in the middle class to stop climate change?

Much as I think Mr. Trudeau is a ... he deserves family time,  and he needs to be protected by the state and all the costs associated with that protection.

To even think anything else is not worthy of mention here.

Necessary staff edit

PuckChaser said:
Does he buy carbon offsets for the multiple private jet flights to Costa Rica? Or is only for us in the middle class to stop climate change?

I'm with Bruce and others, he deserves family time 100%.

At the same time with him shoving all his carbon crying down everyone's throat he should lead by example and walk the walk.

That means his travel location and methods scrutinized.

PuckChaser said:

Can't find an answer on that, however it was reported fairly widely that his campaign purchased carbon offsets for all the various campaign flights, FWIW. And of course he's subject to the carbon tax like the rest of us.

By 'private jet' do you mean the RCAF aircraft that his position pretty much renders a necessity, and which greatly simplifies the job of protecting him and his family from harm?

Brihard said:
By 'private jet' do you mean the RCAF aircraft that his position pretty much renders a necessity, and which greatly simplifies the job of protecting him and his family from harm?

Is the PM of Canada under a greater threat than the PM of the UK who flew commercial very recently?

I personally dont mind the VIP jet being used for security purposes, but when you stand on a soap box crying about climate change while one of your many vacations each puts out more emissions than the average Canadian does for the whole year, you're open to criticism.

So much for a champion of the middle class, I haven't been able to afford 1 family flying vacation let alone 4 or 5 a year the current PM takes.

Brihard said:
Can't find an answer on that, however it was reported fairly widely that his campaign purchased carbon offsets for all the various campaign flights, FWIW. And of course he's subject to the carbon tax like the rest of us.

Highly unlikely it was a RCAF transport VIP aircraft knowing the reliability and current age of those things. I’d take my chances on a Aurora or Globey.

Quirky said:
Highly unlikely it was a RCAF transport VIP aircraft knowing the reliability and current age of those things. I’d take my chances on a Aurora or Globey.

If you check the first post on this thread, it was CFC1 on a flight tracker, listed as a Challenger jet. My understanding is that that callsign indicates the PM is being carried.

Quirky said:

Attached are two PDF files from another flight tracker site (FlightAware) that shows the complete route CFC1 took. The first (CFC13) shows CFC1 departing on 20 Dec 2019. The second (CFC12) shows yesterdays flight back to Ottawa. This aircraft made no other flights between 20 Dec 2019 and 04 Jan 2020.

We know that the PM was going on holidays in Costa Rico and I can't think of any other CF flights going to Costa Rico at the same time, let alone one that stayed there for two weeks.

Note that on both the way down and back the aircraft overflew Cuba.

The fact that the PM went on holidays doesn't concern me that much, but the fact that his flight was visible on any flight tracking site does. Bad security if you ask me.

Attachments

• CFC12.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 62
  • CFC13.pdf
    152.8 KB · Views: 54
They would not be using CFC1 without the PM onboard.  Perhaps they came back empty using another callsign?

SupersonicMax said:
They would not be using CFC1 without the PM onboard.  Perhaps they came back empty using another callsign?

Looks like that's what happened. More details to follow.

Retired AF Guy said:
The fact that the PM went on holidays doesn't concern me that much, but the fact that his flight was visible on any flight tracking site does. Bad security if you ask me.

I don't think it’s such a big deal considering it’s mostly over friendly airspace. Plus the fact that no one really cares to shoot down the Canadian PM.

Back