• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Please don‘t hate my country!

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America‘s Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn‘t want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named ‘Bush‘, ‘di.ck‘, and ‘Colon.‘ Need I say more?"

-- Chris Rock

You‘ve actually stumbled across the Canuckastan website for hating americans. Don‘t tell anyone :boring:

Bill,
I like American‘s a **** of a lot.
I‘ve travelled all over the state‘s and have found American‘s to be a very friendly and generous people and I‘ve travelled from Maine to Florida,Texas,the deep south even to Alaska, so you know were I‘m coming from.

We like American‘s but, it‘s just your present administration‘s attitude and action‘s that‘s up setting people,not only here but every where else also.

So don‘t take to heart about the ranting‘s of those who have not engaged brain before operating mouth.

Im a dual citizen...have family in the states and my father was born in the states...I was born in canada and i love every minute of my being here. I hold no hostilities whatsoever and i believe bush did the right thing...thats besides the point...I actually think cretien should have helped out the states.(yes i know both the canadian navy and airforce has taken a small roll in the war) But i think the army should have been included also, so we can show support for our closest allies and take down the ruthless dictator sadam was

I‘ll be the first to say that we should have committed forces to the war against Iraq, even if it was just the CTG in the area. However, Chretien followed the public opinion voiced by a majority of Canadian to not get involved in the war. It is not everyday in this country that a PM, regardless of political party, listens to what the public wants. Chretien should be congratulated for doing so, even if us on the "hawk" side of the fence don‘t agree with it. Furthermore, the US Ambassador has no right to tell Canada how to conduct its foreign policy like he has been doing. We are a sovereign nation and I think its time the government tells Mr. Cellucci and the American government to stick to their own affairs, and leave our government to decide Canada‘s affairs.

I couldn‘t agree more with you...

It is dissapointing to see that the us ambassador telling canada how to run its forces. But even with the public elections comming up cretien is retiring, and something should have been done.

It would appear that friend Bill either hasn‘t read any of the responses, or has completely failed to understand them. By the way Bill, I have 2 nephews currently serving with the USMC in Iraq.

first of all im a very proud canadain, wiling to die the most bloody of deaths for her.
Im also a american(whose living in hawaii)i may disagree on a lot of their/our policese, but if i came across a Canadain blaming the U.S for all the f_ing problems in the world then i‘d be on their *** :fifty:

But you guys ARE the problem, were just too polite to tell you.
AND a little scared too :blotto:

We don‘t want them to impose a US-backed regeime change here in Canada.. :)

Hey Gunnar - right on the mark. I mean really, watch "Talking to Americans" some time. You go to Washington, ask some questions about Canada and then laugh at the guys who don‘t know the answers.

He**, if you went to downtown Peterborough, I bet you‘d get some answers just as stupid as they get in Washington.

And yes, I am sure I am exaggerating about that last point, but but if you went to downtown Ottawa and asked questions about Mexico, you‘d have a million Sonorans split a gut on Tuesday night when it aired down there.

As to anti-Americanism, it might be useful for us to face it. It‘s a mile wide throughout Canadian society. I think I am pretty much more accepting of American policy than most Canadians, yet, I have to admit I kinda liked seeing Denmark dump Team USA at the world hockey championship (heh, heh, heh). Anti americanism is our dirty little secret and I think if we just admitted it, we could get a lot of it out of our system and get on with being adults on the international stage.

How‘s that for mixing metaphors.

Back