• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Please don‘t hate my country!

R

rebel bill

Im american, and i notice that alot of you guys are saying bad things about America.please i thought america and canada were friends! Can‘t we all just get along?

I can‘t speak for all Canadians, but I do not hate America. Just the regime currently in power.

To paraphrase Colin Mochrie:

We don‘t blame you for George Bush, it‘s not like you actually elected him.

I don‘t think very many people hate America. Maybe extremistis.

Anyway, your pretty much posting in the wrong place. This is a military forum so most of the members are pro-us pro-iraq war. Take a look at the poll for about a week ago. most here support the USA.

Hey maybe you could take a message back to your area of the US, and let them know that we support the US. Even our PM supports the US, he just done a poor job of showing and too much of jerk to say so he messed up.

Bill G.

Have we offended you? I would have to say this is probably the most pro-US forum in Canada. Please, give us f@cking break!

I have no problem with americans. I used to date an american for pete‘s sake.

I do, however, desipse the current regime in power.

Something to think about. Imagine had Al Gore won... :eek:

I carry a dual passport, so I have one thing to say.

God Bless Canada, and God Bless America!

Something to think about. Imagine had Al Gore won...

Well the only I would say that would be different is the current war on Iraq. And even then, its hard to tell. Yes Al Gore is somewhat boring but he‘s a smart guy and I think he would handled things well. If he did go Iraq, I‘m sure he would of got‘en UNSC approval, Bush has always had a problem with international bodies. If it wasn‘t for the WTC bombings, I doubt Mr Bush would of done very much with his time in office. Apart from making abortion totally illegal and packing the courts with Neo con‘s. But hey that‘s just opinion.

I agree, the world would definitely be different (better slightly in my opinion) if Al Gore had won.

I know some of you think Democrats = Leper, but Gore is a much more experienced and sophisticated statesman than Bush ever would aspire to be. Gore has the state, Federal, and international experience so he‘s much more well rounded that way. Plus he‘s probably got more in terms of brains (I can‘t imagine anyone labelling him as a "moron" credibly), and he‘s a better consensus builder. And when push comes to shove with events such as the WTC, I have no doubt that his performance would have been as charismatic as Bush‘s. The REAL strength I think would be Gore‘s choice of advisors though -- no Rumsfeld or Ashcroft to say the least...

But that‘s just my opinion, for what‘s it‘s worth. :)

Not many people in Canada actually HATE Americans. It is more that many Canadians do not appreciate American foreign policy. In fact, I don’t think anyone cares about the US homeland policies (i.e. on crime, drugs, homelessness, etc), but the overseas policies (for example, softwood lumber tariffs or economic blockades of Cuba, etc) really pisses some people off; and I am talking not just about Canadians, but about people all over the world.

To equate our government’s (or the Canadian peoples‘) displeasure with the US-led war with hatred of Americans is silly and short-sighted. The reasons why people either support or do not support the American government is much more complex and cannot be reduced to simple hatred. As adults and (I hope) intelligent people, it is our right to make up our own mind as to whether we want to support the US or not.

You need to separate the American people from the hatred of/disagreement with the American government.

Case in point: Do you (as an American) hate Iraqi‘s, or do you hate the Saddam‘s Iraqi regime? It‘s not the people you hate, but the government, right?

On top of all of that, there are many Canadians that support the US war effort. So, to lump them in with all of the non-supporters is equally unfair.

Should we gather from the slow involvement of the US to become involved in WWI and WWII that they hated the UK, Canada, and France -- or, has this fact conveniently been forgotten?

The point is this. No one hates America. We are just old enough to make up our own minds.

PS. We invented basketball and football!

I like America, an President Bush

I got nothing against Americans, one of my friends is american

If gore had won the only thing happening in Iraq is mass tree planting.

Humint, an American friend of mine who lives here tells me that Canada‘s national sport is not Hockey or Lacrosse: It is making fun of Americans.

Read your post, and thought of that...go figure! ;-)

But then, even if we are the little brother, it‘s still sometimes amusing to tweak your big brother‘s nose. ;-)

haha... I think we poke fun of Americans because we have a sense of humour and the best subject to do it to...

**** , we even poke fun at ourselves... remember all those postcards that depict Canada (once you cross the border) as being snowy and populated with igloos? :D Wait, it‘s April and it‘s snowy right now...

"We are the most powerful nation in the world, our 52 states will take on anyone" ;)

Im not saying all of you hate america, but there is alot of people on here who hate the U.S. Wow! its amazing you guys are the friendleist people on here! Oh yeah, I Would like to thank the Canadian armed forces who are helping us in Afghanastan Thankyou! God bless America, And Canada!

My friend it‘s not politically correct to say god bless canada.
Some of our citizens whom do not believe in god or whorship someone else find this offensive.

Also note; at christmas time please do not say merry christmas as some cultures do not believe/celebrate christmas and they too find this offensive.

See, were all friends, were exchanging social ettiquets :blotto:

(I think someone had a good point though, i thought the war was against saddam, not iraq. Why have that signature?)

god, you people really hate america, GOD ****! By the way i had that sig when saddam was still in power thats why i removed it.

Back