• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pity teachers can't do this anymore...

medicineman

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Instructor getting a little annoyed with a student... http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/student-gets-an-eraser-to-the-face/2jv0azcg?from=en-ca-infopane

Enjoy  ;D

MM

Serves the idiot right.  If I had been that girl, I would have punched him.

I used to take a politically correct middle ground when teaching - and bean them with a field dressing.  Hard enough to wake them up or shut them up, soft enough to leave all facial features intact...unless a corner of the packaging lacerated their cornea, but that happened infrequently enough to be barely a statistical blip ;D.

MM

You ain't learning if you ain't getting hurt. ;D

I had more than a few teachers that were dead shots with erasers, chalk, etc. Of course, in those days it was accepted as part of life in the fast lanes!!!.

Even had a real craphat reply to a near miss shot with an eraser.."Good try, Sir"

Today the teacher would probably be charged with assault and/or sued.

tango22a

tango22a said:
Today the teacher would probably be charged with assault and/or sued.
:facepalm:  :nod: <---(except without a smile)

My Grade 7 teacher was a great shot with a black board eraser, or chalk. He told me if I heard him yell "Duck" to put my head down on my desk IMMEDIATELY. I sat in front of the class pain in the a@@, and an eraser was in coming! Finally it got too dangerous and he moved the pest way to the back of the room. We all survived Jr. High with only a few scars!

My mother told me about a teacher she had back a gazillion years ago that was a pro-wrestler on the side...kid was dicking around in class, so he picked him up, desk and all, and tossed him out the window.  Before you ask, they were apparently on the ground floor.

MM

Can't recall how many times I had to bend over the Head Master's desk and recieve a few whacks from his cane...........

Same grade 7 teacher lifted a kid, who looked like he outweighed the teacher by 50 lbs., right out of his desk - over the top, and frog-walked him out of the room, down the stairs, out the school door and next door, to the kid's house and presented him to his mother. End of problem! We learned later, Mr. K. bred and drove hackney horses!

Hawk

medicineman said:
My mother told me about a teacher she had back a gazillion years ago that was a pro-wrestler on the side...kid was dicking around in class, so he picked him up, desk and all, and tossed him out the window.  Before you ask, they were apparently on the ground floor.

MM

I may know your mother. I had a teacher in Junior High who was way past due retirement at that time who did that exact same thing. Old guy named Mr. McDonald, which we all called Mr. Magoo, since he looked like the cartoon character. He was an ex boxer.

medicineman said:

MM
I had a teacher who was a former pro wrestler and lumberjack.  She was a very big girl to say the least.  One of the kids was being a pain in the ass, she put her hand around his throat and gave a little love squeeze.  We loved it, and he was "nice" thereafter.  No one screwed with her afterward either.

My grade 1 teacher use to hit my left hand/arm/shoulder with a yard stick Every time i printed with my left hand. I also got strapped for asking the teacher in grade 3 how do you tell what color your green crayon was when the wrapper came of................. found out 7 years latter when I tried out for glider pilot that I was colour blind (still left handed though)

Am I the only one who noticed that the classroom was filled with couches instead of chairs.  ;D

matthew1786 said:
Am I the only one who noticed that the classroom was filled with couches instead of chairs.  ;D

Kids are coddled these days.

When I was in school, we were expected to go out in the woods, chop down a tree, strip it down, cut the lumber, and then make our own desks, all before the morning bell rang. ;D

Don't even get me started about what we had to do for paper. >:D

My 7-8th grade science teacher was a crack shot with a chalk board eraser.

This story made me sad and angry.

I was at a local high school that was known as a rough school.  Went there to give a recruiting presentation.  It wasn't my recruiting zone but they specifically requested that it be a male presenter.  When I arrived the teacher warned me that presentations traditionally did not go well and most people that came in to talk were treated fairly bad by teh class that in most cases teh presentations were normally cut short.

Most weren't paying attention and when they got out of control i basically raised my voice.  My drill voice.  That got there attention.  Except for one goofball at the back carrying on.  So I pointed at him and asked if he wanted to go outside for a "conversation" in which only one of us were going to return from.  That REALLY got their attention.  Everything was fine after that.

So of course my "now I've done it" alarm goes off after the class and I apologised for my language and tone  and that I shouldn't have said what I said.  The teacher actually thanked me for doing it.  Saying that those kids need that type of thing from time to time.  That she wasn't allowed to talk to them that way.  I felt sorry for her and teachers as a whole going through what they do and understood how dejected they can get because the system, the parents and society will not support them.

She actually sent me an e-mail thanking me again and that the students apparently were all gung ho about the presentation and wanted me to come back for another one.

Back