• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Piss jugs.... way of the road.

cp140tech

Inactive
Reaction score
http://news.aol.ca/article/nb-urinebottles/240754/

Hey folks... hopefully the link works, I've never started a thread here before.  I thought this would bring a smile to the face of any Trailer Park Boys fans on the site.  I couldn't find the subject here using a search, but I apologize if it has already been posted. 

Urine bottles found along N.B. highwaysSource: CBC News
Posted: 05/26/08 1:12PM
Filed Under: Canada

Highway officials say dozens of bottles of urine are being found along the sides of roads, tossed away by drivers who can't be bothered to find a washroom.

Most of the so-called pee jugs are from transport trucks parked on exit ramps, according to the company responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Fredericton-Moncton highway in southern New Brunswick.

"Some of the larger vehicles on our highways that travel long distances, when they stop overnight, they'll stop on the side of the road on the ramps, the on-ramps or the off-ramps," said Ross Mathers, of MRDC Operations Corporation.

"And at night or in the morning, they seem to want to empty their trucks and out come some of these jugs."

The trend is frustrating for MRDC staff, who have to empty and dispose of the bottles each time one is found.

Mathers says he'd like to see long-haul drivers using more rest rooms, or have toilet facilities installed in the transport trucks themselves if drivers are not willing to stop.

"I suspect there are those kind of technologies, but as most technologies, it takes time to implement them in all the trucks. So the newer trucks may have those and the more elaborate ones, but the older ones wouldn't."

He said drivers could be ticketed for littering if they continue throwing their jugs out the window.

From what I understand, 'piss jugs' (bottles, cans, cups?) were the norm at mess dinners in years past when attendees were not permitted to leave the room to go to the washroom for several hours.  :-X

That's why you never drink white wine at a Mess Dinner.  Nothing will ever, in my mind, beat seeing a rather hammered Highlander standing on the vanity of a gent's room at a certain armoury, gleefully p*ssing into the sink to avoid the line up when they sounded the 15 minute warning before dinner.

Redeye said:
That's why you never drink white wine at a Mess Dinner.  Nothing will ever, in my mind, beat seeing a rather hammered Highlander standing on the vanity of a gent's room at a certain armoury, gleefully p*ssing into the sink to avoid the line up when they sounded the 15 minute warning before dinner. 

Its even worse when they're pissing under the table during the dinner...

Greymatters said:
Its even worse when they're pissing under the table during the dinner...

Yep, that's what I heard. Does anyone still do that?  :p

Celticgirl said:
Yep, that's what I heard. Does anyone still do that?   :p

What happens in the Mess -- should stay in the Mess.

Not that I'd know the answer to your question anyway ...  :)

ArmyVern said:

All righty, then. If I'm ever at a mess dinner, I'll take Redeye's advice and forgo the white wine. ;)

ArmyVern said:

No names, no pack drill!  But its certainly not something you experience often, and its been a while since I've heard of it happening...

Those 600ml gatorade bottles (with cap  ;D ) come in handy, as did the 1L water bottles when I was in Iraq  ;)

Wesley  Down Under said:
Those 600ml gatorade bottles (with cap  ;D ) come in handy, as did the 1L water bottles when I was in Iraq  ;) 

Emergency water supply?  ;D

Man, I totally miss Highlander Christmas Dinners now

The best time is at Christmas dinner when a young Pte gets total s*** faced and the wine has run out.  Then regimental a**hole puts a fresh *warm* bottle in front of the Pte, who is so happy to have more wine; then chugs the whole glass.......and doesn't even notice. :-X

Or even better, after filled a few bottles with your mates,  and watching a newly transfered poor Sgt Major pick up all the piss jugs on the parade square.  And hearing him yell out loud "what in the F***"

Celticgirl said:
Yep, that's what I heard. Does anyone still do that?   :p

No, of course not.

I've never done it.

Well, that depends on how you define "never".

haha reminds me of Maple Guardian. We roll into a leaguer for the night, dismount, do the drills, etc an notice the field is littered in like 30+ piss bottles.... luckily my vehicle seemed to have drivin right into the centre of them all... was awesome getting out of the veh at night to take a leak an trying to avoid stepping on one...

I remember doing that a couple times on Hwy 1 in kandahar... but its not like i had the option to dismount or even just wing it out the door....

thats one part of the body im not willing to expose to the enemy.

Back