• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pilot Equiptment

CF-22 Raptor said:
Question - In the event that you guys have to eject, what kind of eqipment and supplies do you have when you land on the ground? Just what you have on you suit?

No, you have a seat survival kit attached to your torso harness. When you separate from the seat, it stays attached to your butt. In there you will find flares, radio, signal mirror, strobe light, sea dye marker, and a few other things that I can't remember off hand.

Inch,

You have to show me where the ejection handle is on a Sea King.

;)

How do you ground a CP-140.

Break the toaster.

In Aviano during Allied Force i observed the F-18 pilots usually with a pistol. And piss bags. 

Bograt said:
Inch,

You have to show me where the ejection handle is on a Sea King.

;)

Smart ass, shouldn't you be doing OPME's instead of surfing army.ca?

Shouldn't you be getting your rest before flying....

I mean yes Sir.

Where was I , ahh yes Land Force Command.............

Bograt said:

I mean yes Sir.

Ah, defense management, maybe I should be doing your OPME to put me back to sleep. Did I mention that if you come flying tonight, you won't have to go to work until after lunch tomorrow?

Bograt said:

I mean yes Sir.

Ahhh....an "LFC" pup? 

...yessiree....back when dinos roamed the earth and FMC ruled over the land.....  ;D

Foxtwo...you'll find quite a bit of variation from aircrew of one aircraft type to another.  Most Sea King and Griffon guys wear most of what they take, (less the large winter-time "B-25" kit) on their back.  Work by the rule that, "You only have what you get out with on your back!"  We don't have the luxury of deciding whether we'll face the wrath of the ground servicing guy for using the toilet that Mr. Lockheed put in the darned aircraft for that very purpose... ??? WTF?  Then again, we can just turn off Mode-C and do a 3L...land, leak and lift-off...  ;D

Probably safe to say that most deployed Griffy guys pack when in theatre.  Future spots for helo guys/gals deployed may also include C7A2 or C8 in addition to the 9mm (or P226 in some cases).

In addition to other stuff mentioned, I would have a good fist full of green, white and IR chem sticks and about 1kg of chocolate in the form of coated granola bars, eat-more bars (...that and a few 100g of choccy-coated expresso beans to help me get to sleep...makes me a force to be recconed with whilst playing "flashlight wars" in the mod tent late at night.)

Cheers,
Duey

Duey said:
  Then again, we can just turn off Mode-C and do a 3L...land, leak and lift-off...   ;D

LOL...i saw that done when i was on OJT at 403 sqn........but the other pilot decided to pull on th collective just ever so slightly !!  ;D

About that survival kit attached to your torso harness when you eject, does that include a handgun and a clip or two of ammo?

CF-22 Raptor said:
About that survival kit attached to your torso harness when you eject, does that include a handgun and a clip or two of ammo?

No, that survival kit is only on ejection seat aircraft of course, including the Harvard II, Hawk and Tutor, none of which would require you to carry a 'gat. I can't say for the Hornet since I've never been in one of them, but I have my doubts that they carry heat while flying in Cold Lake.

I use trolleys. Filing cabinets are heavy.

Where was I, oh yes, Stage 4 National Mobilization...................

Bograt said:

You qualified mahogany bomber yet ?

Bograt said:

That was some skillful trolley flying by the way.  ;)

After watching Black Hawk Down, I would kinda want a few C8's and about a million mags in my Griffin... :-\

foxtwo said:
After watching Black Hawk Down, I would kinda want a few C8's and about a million mags in my Griffin... :-\

ummm OK GI Joe.... ::)

Ex-Dragoon said:
ummm OK GI Joe.... ::)

Did you not see the movie  :-\ (after the bird goes down, like hundreds of rebels are trying to kill the crew...)

foxtwo said:
Did you not see the movie  :-\ (after the bird goes down, like hundreds of rebels are trying to kill the crew...)

I spoke with Mike Durant in fall of '94 down in Ft Campbell...interesting chatting with him.  Lots of first hand stuff about how the whole deal went down.  His book, "In the Company of Hero's" is an interesting read...

Cheers,
Duey

owned.gif

okay i know this is way off topic...

But I love that 'owned' icon.  That so made my evening last night, thanks Recce.

Duey said:
I spoke with Mike Durant in fall of '94 down in Ft Campbell...interesting chatting with him.  Lots of first hand stuff about how the whole deal went down.  His book, "In the Company of Hero's" is an interesting read...

Cheers,
Duey
Really!! That is so cool. I never knew he wrote a book. I'll probably check it out...

Back