• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pic Request: SFW with M203

Recce_Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just looking for any pics of the Diemaco SFW with the 203 on it.  Doesn't matter if there are ne accessories on it or not.  I've already done searches and got few, just wondering if neone got nemore.

Thanks

Go to Diemaco's website and ask them to send you a pic.  They'll send you a folder with all sorts of goodies including the SFW.

Do u have that folder?  Or can u get it for me, cause they wont anwser my email and its been a while.

Here is a few of the RM Equipment manufactured M203PIs (Florida USA) in Australian service on the F88SA1 IW.

Cheers,

Wes

Some more of the ADI manufactured interbar and the rifle itself. Maybe you can use these to compare to the SFW in some way.

One the second pic below, you'll see a black painted brass disc, which is tie-wired onto the barrel. This has the ARN (Army Registered Number - our 'CFR') engraved on it, as the barrel, housing, and slide (carrier) have the weapon's serial number on them.

With the interbar on the rifle, the bayonet lug is removed, and the disc is put on, as the interbar hides the ARN where it is engraved onto the barrel, and this must be seen to be matching, as removal of the barrel is not only part of the 'unload' but its also removed for daily cleaning too, as not to mix up any parts  ;D.

Regards,

Wes

I had some pics of the SFW with M203A1 - but can't find them.

Wes - what do you guys think of the KAC Reflex Quadrant for the 203?  (IMHO that is the way the CF should have gone)

Its a good sight, but there is a change coming, and that is the sight will be mounted on the RH side, vice the LH side. Its supposed to be different too, but I have only seen it once on the new V3 , A3 or G3,   the newest of ADI 'prototype' of F88, depending on who calls it what. DMO Melbourne says the changes are coming.

The big change on the sides issue is the weapon generally is always placed cocking handle down, as to ensure the safety catch can be seen on, and the rifle is often stepped on, and damaging the sight, with it placed on the RH side, it elliminates the problem.

We are having many bent sights, and even though if it is still moved to the RH side, the problem of breaking cocking handles will not change. They are cast, and very weak, and easily broken off, so you literally cannot cockk the weapon. A very poor design fault, which they (DMO gurus) thought they had licked when the folding cocking handle was introduced, but suddenly taken off the fleet, as with certain NV equipment, the rifle could not be cocked, as the eqpt got in the way. The folding CH was a great idea, and would have pretty much solved the problem.

As for the sight, it takes batteries CR2032, which suppose to last 5 yrs, not. With the humidity and extreme heat up to 50C in the shade, plus, its black, we are getting maybe 12 months out of a battery, and its a prick to change. Little bolts, Allen key type, which can easily corrode, and get stripped.

I do like the idea of estimating the range, setting it, and placing the 'red dot' on target.

Cheers,

Wes

Here's one.  I think KevinB posted this a while back (may be wrong).
sfwm2034ax.jpg

I think Gunner posted that one as most of our 40mm guys had drawn happy faces on the HE rounds...
  and that would not have gone over well during the dog and pony...

I've got the Diemaco flyer/brochure that has images and short descriptions of their various weapons, and it has a large image of the SFW with the M203. If I can get my scanner working in the next couple days, I'll post it.

Thank you for the pics and info guys  :)  Hopefully you can get your scanner to work Jonsey ;)

Scanner's working, just need to dig out the flyer, again.

Back