• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Photo of breastfeeding Guardswomen stirs debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmyVern said:
Abortion issues etc? Just wow. Keep ranting on.

Most controversial thing I could think of at the moment. 

How about this....pick any political type of rally, photo, topic, agenda, etc.  Are you saying it is okay to wear your uniform to support that without permission from the CoC?

PMedMoe said:
Okay, I'm curious.  How do you blouse boots?  ???  It's the pants that are bloused.
I always screw that one up.
You're 100% right.
I'm going to do some pushups.

RDJP said:
Oh, my mistake.  It was a women's magazine.

That makes it all okay. 

Ri-ight.

It was a site, not a magazine. See why I'm surprised men frequent it now? You aren't even aware of the facts obviously, but have soooooo much to say. Good thing their own military sees it as an educational (vice political matter) matter.  ::)

I think you're the one who actually needs to calm down.

[ignore on]

Breast feeding is a natural fact of life that occurs every day. "Promoting an agenda??" Comparing such with abortions? Even more WOW.

Everyone, and I mean everyone take a breath before posting again.

Scott
Staff

Magazine or online magazine (website) - not really a huge difference today, unless you're stuck in the 1990's.

Too bad you don't realize how much the men on here actually support this - and by that I mean it is honestly too bad that you feel that we are against your opinion.  If the CoC did support it, you might be surprised at how many of us would actually come out and support it. 

It's like my job as a teacher, Vern.  Regardless of how much I support things, I can't just go out and spout off in a public forum about my opinions on things, intentionally as an employee of that board (i.e. "I am XXXX XXXXX, an employee of XXXXXX school boad") .  It then looks like THEY are supporting said opinion, and as an employee I can't appear to be stating the employer's opinion.

RDJP said:
Magazine or online magazine (website) - not really a huge difference today, unless you're stuck in the 1990's.

Too bad you don't realize how much the men on here actually support this.  If the CoC did support it, you might be surprised at how many of us would actually come out and support it. 

It's like my job as a teacher, Vern.  Regardless of how much I support things, I can't just go out and spout off in a public forum about my opinions on things, intentionally as an employee of that board.  It then looks like THEY are supporting said opinion, and as an employee I can't appear to be stating the employer's opinion.

I am well aware that men support this.

I've already posted that I breastfed my kids in uniform, at work, in public, on base, in Petawawa. 20 years ago ... and not a single soul expressed any issues with it. Not even the dinosaurs of that day.

Yes, but did you do it because you needed to breastfeed, or was it a photo shoot?  Two very different things, wouldn't you agree?

I've stated my opiniosn on several items that are contrary to my employer's position.  Almost every day, in fact.  But I have never done it intentionally in a situation where it could come back to my employer as their opinion. 

RDJP said:
Yes, but did you do it because you needed to breastfeed, or was it a photo shoot?  Two very different things, wouldn't you agree?

I've stated my opiniosn on several items that are contrary to my employer's position.  Almost every day, in fact.  But I have never done it intentionally in a situation where it could come back to my employer as their opinion.

It was an obscure little site with less than 150 members until an asshat male decided to post a comment about it being a "defecation of the uniform".

I agree that rules are rules. I've already stated that. I find it hilarious that we are debating such as "Canuks" in Canada, where, in the CF, it is against the rules to solicit funds, promote causes etc while in uniform as that "gives political backing" to such causes ... yet we do exactly that for the GCCWC ... whether the members like it or not (and shitloads of them do NOT like it precisely because so little of the funds raised make it to the actual persons who need the help).

These girls may have posed for the pic, but they were breastfeeding. So, that leaves the pic taking as the "no-no". The pic was taken to put on a site promoting child wellness (not to solicit funds while in uniform) and awareness. We have many pamphlets available at the gym, BHosp etc promoting health and wellness ... with pics of uniformed members and their families in them; they promote this course, that course, awareness of this course, that course, this program, that program etc etc etc. We also have phamplets at the BHosp promoting breastfeeding ... with pics in them! This little pic does nothing but the exact same thing.

I have been speaking from the get go about the Canuk context of this. Even the American military is stating that this was an educational opportunity. No big deal. Move on already. It is simply about health & wellness and a fact of life for nursing mothers wearing uniforms.

:highjack: :eek:ff topic:

I have no dog in this bunfight but as a Sunday's funnie kinda thing....

ArmyVern said:
It was an obscure little site with less than 150 members until an idiot male decided to post a comment about it being a "defecation of the uniform".

Vern you owe me a new keyboard...

ArmyVern said:
It is simply about health & wellness

BULLSHIT!!!  It IS political............my wife did not breastfeed either of our girls and you would think by the grief certain groups gave her she was Ms. Satan herself.  Our two girls are fine thank you very much,.........both health and wellness.

ArmyVern said:
asshat male

Hoop your forehead............

Bruce Monkhouse said:
BULLSHIT!!!  It IS political............my wife did not breastfeed either of our girls and you would think by the grief certain groups gave her she was Ms. Satan herself.  Our two girls are fine thank you very much,.........both health and wellness.

Hoop your forehead............

I am not a fan of those who condemn those who do not breastfeed. I am not one of them. This particular site does not do so either. What they do is advocate for women to be allowed to breastfeed their children without being fined etc for doing so - if they choose to do so.

Eating properly is also about health & wellness, but just because one doesn't does not automatically imply that the bad eater is unhealthy --- nor have I inferred any such thing.

I'll have to disagree on the asshatted male, he made the comment "defecation of uniform". I do not agree. That is an asshatted comment; you may not agree, but breastfeeding does not "defecate the uniform".

MJP said:
Vern you owe me a new keyboard...

Not a typo; that's what he wrote. The comment that started it all. From a mere 150 site members to world-wide attention overnight; such is the lightening fast speed of the internet.

ArmyVern said:
Not a typo; that's what he wrote. The comment that started it all. From a mere 150 site members to world-wide attention overnight; such is the lightening fast speed of the internet.

LOL still funny as...well shyte.

ArmyVern said:
I am not a fan of those who condemn those who do not breastfeed. I am not one of them. This particular site does not do so either. What they do is advocate for women to be allowed to breastfeed their children without being fined etc for doing so - if they choose to do so.

Eating properly is also about health & wellness, but just because one doesn't does not automatically imply that the bad eater is unhealthy --- nor have I inferred any such thing.

I'll have to disagree on the asshatted male, he made the comment "defecation of uniform". I do not agree. That is an asshatted comment; you may not agree, but breastfeeding does not "defecate the uniform".

How about just "asshat" then,........unless there's some chauvinistic attitude your having issues with here.

ArmyVern said:
What they do is advocate for women to be allowed to breastfeed their children without being fined etc for doing so - if they choose to do so.

If they only promoted it for health and wellness, not political.  The bold part makes it political.

MJP said:
LOL still funny as...well shyte.

Tis' funny; I'm still trying to figure out whether he actually intended to write "defecation" or "defamation".

RDJP said:
If they only promoted it for health and wellness, not political.  The bold part makes it political.

Yes, it does because some places consider it "obscene" and charge the woman for feeding her kid. Another "wow" from me. I certainly don't consider it obscene; it's 100% natural. It's been happening for quite a few thousand years now. Ergo the advocacy bit.  ;)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
How about just "asshat" then,........unless there's some chauvinistic attitude your having issues with here.

Because it was an asshatted male who made the comment. If it was an asshatted female who made it, I'd have said, "asshatted female". The post I made specifically referred to his statement - not all men.

ArmyVern said:
Yes, it does because some places consider it "obscene" and charge the woman for feeding her kid. Another "wow" from me. I certainly don't consider it obscene; it's 100% natural. It's been happening for quite a few thousand years now. Ergo the advocacy bit.  ;)

So was that not what we have been trying to say since the beginning of the thread?  Using the uniform for political purposes?

Round and round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows....  ;D

RDJP said:
So was that not what we have been trying to say since the beginning of the thread?  Using the uniform for political purposes?

Round and round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows....  ;D

The US military has already stated that it was not a political purpose, but was an educational one.

Round and round we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back